46| Ice Cream Doesn't Equal Love

NOAH was the best when it came to Christmas shopping, because he wasn't one of those husbands or dads that waited until the last second to hit up the stores

NOAH was the best when it came to Christmas shopping, because he wasn't one of those husbands or dads that waited until the last second to hit up the stores. He didn't do the December 24th freak-out like most other husbands and dads did. He liked to get his shopping done weeks in advance. First week of December. Every year since I moved back to Georgia, Noah let me tag along with him, and I helped him pick out the things I knew both Hunter and Logan would love. He wasn't bad at shopping for presents, he just knew I was better.

Today, Noah took us for ice cream after shopping for 4 consecutive hours. "Call it a reward," he said. I called it a delicious reward for a job well-done. Because Noah's jeep was packed with shopping bags, presents that he was going to wrap when he got home, since Hunter and Logan were out.

But for now, I enjoyed some delicious cookie dough ice cream. It was everything I wanted and needed.

"I like that you always get the same flavor. Very on brand," Noah said, while I scooped the biggest cookie dough chunk into my mouth.

"It's classic, and it will never get old," I said, indulging in another scoop.

It was amazing. I wondered what Tyler's favorite ice cream flavor was. If he was one of those people that always got the same, like me, or if he liked to switch things up and try new things. Was he a sweet chocolate-y kind of guy, a frozen yogurt kind of guy, a chunks-in-ice-cream kind of guy, or maybe even a sorbet guy? A person's favorite ice cream flavor can tell you a lot about who they are, I think. Noah's favorite had always been vanilla, which meant that he was about as classic as classic could be, and he could hardly do wrong, except on the occasion, when he made a slip-up and turned into vanilla bean instead of homestyle vanilla, which was obviously superior. And Logan had always loved strawberry, specifically strawberry cheesecake. She was a little tart sometimes, but super sweet and sinful when you got to know her. Except she was also kind of stubborn, obviously, which I think makes sense for strawberry. Strawberry ice cream lovers always think they're superior. Mostly, it's because they are.

Cookie dough was classic, but it had a fun twist. It was kind of chewy, and lovable, or so I hoped. That's how I saw it, anyway.

I could have written a whole book on how different ice cream flavors distinctively determine different attitudes and personalities in people. It might even be a little psychological, which Noah would totally get on board with!

"It's the new PYT," Noah said, which made me break out into a wide grin. He knew how much I loved Another Cinderella Story, aka the one with Selena Gomez. "How are you feeling?"

"With ice cream going into my mouth and deliciously chewy cookie dough chunks? I'm feeling great," I said, though I knew he was being serious, and he wasn't asking in terms of my ice cream. "I'm alright. I'm trying to just be positive and focus on planning events and having a good time. I'm seeing Tyler tonight, and he's going to attempt to cook dinner, which I think is going to be hilariously adorable, but I know that it'll be good. It'll get my mind off of anything too bad."