14| Waffles and All Those Other Breakfasty Delights

THE water cascading down my body was cold, refreshing compared to the hot, sweaty sensation that had encompassed the past hour and a half of my life; weightlifting was always like that, hot and musty

THE water cascading down my body was cold, refreshing compared to the hot, sweaty sensation that had encompassed the past hour and a half of my life; weightlifting was always like that, hot and musty. Thankfully, the cold water from the locker room shower washed away all the sweat and the hotness and the must. I turned around so the cold water rolled down my face, running my hands through my hair and feeling instantly revived.

I didn't usually lift early in the mornings, but I woke up at 7 and couldn't get the idea of weights and sore muscles and the feeling of satisfaction afterward off my mind. So I got up and drove an hour, all the way to the UGA basketball team's weight room, to do my usual routine. I always felt better afterward. Not like I hadn't already been feeling pretty damn amazing, because I had.

The thought of last night and Clay was on my mind just as much as anything else.

I turned the faucet and the water came to a stop. I reached out and grabbed my towel, wrapping it around my bottom half and heading out towards the main part of the locker room. I dried myself off, threw on my clothes, then plugged my earbuds in.

Walking out of the locker room and through the halls, "Lost" by Frank Ocean played through my eardrums.

When I pushed the door open to exit towards the parking lot, I stopped on the sidewalk in front of the car that was parked at the curb. A certain tall, super fucking good-looking guy whose name started with a C and whose cheeks were always like cherry blush.

"Clay," I said, a smile tugging at my face.

He looked nervous, and he had to clear his throat before speaking. "I... I was going to wait a few days before you know, texting or... or seeing if you wanted to hang out again. But then Logan said that was stupid because I've basically been running for weeks, so like... Here I am."

I chuckled. "Here you are. And I'm guessing Cayden told you where I was?"

Clay nodded. Clearly, I'd stopped for a pre-workout dose of caffeine before making the trip over here.

"You could have texted me. That's why we actually decided to exchange phone numbers this time," I said. "You didn't have to drive an hour."

"I thought about that, yes... But I didn't think about it until I was already here," he admitted, smiling shyly. "And I didn't even think about what I was going to do when I got here. So... I don't really have any plans, which is typically unlike me because I always have plans, and they're always super fun, but I guess I was too busy getting caught up in One Direction and nerves that it all slipped my mind."

I reached out and touched his arm. "Calm down," I said, my hand slipping from his arm. "You're like... nervous-blabbing. It's cute. But you're rambling, and you don't need to have anything planned. I work on the fly, remember?"