21| Restoring the Aesthetic for Brain Purposes

TO text or not to text.

I was back on my Hamlet shit; to be or not to be.

Still really proud of myself for remembering Hamlet.

I was sitting in my robe drinking a second cup of coffee, which I almost never did. But I'd been up late last night working on my client's wedding in the second bedroom of my apartment I used as a little office. More often than not, it was impossible for me to put my planning books and spreadsheets and mood boards away if I was on a roll; last night, I couldn't stop until I figured out the exact color palette down to the hex code.

(A perfect mauve: A6808C, a light tan: CCB7AE, and an off-white: D6CFCB.)

So I had another cup of coffee and sat outside in my robe on my balcony. I'd woken up later than usual since I went to bed pretty late, and it was already almost 11 o'clock. For me, that was pretty late in the day for having not done anything yet. I liked to wake up early and start early. But today was Sunday, and I hardly worked on Sundays unless I attended one of the events I was planning.

Today, though, there was nothing to be done.

If there was nothing to be done, I usually spent the first half of the day cleaning my apartment, going to the store and stocking up on things I was out of (which was most usually pancake mix because wow, I ate a lot of pancakes and waffles), and then the second half of the day, I would sit down and watch some movies. Or, I would go on Pinterest and add pins to my favorite boards; I had a board for my dream wedding, a board for my dream husbands (you know, Tom Felton, Michael B. Jordan, etc.), and a board for inspirational quotes. Because quotes were so fun.

Except my apartment was totally clean, and I was stocked on groceries because I'd been cooped up and busy working so many days in a row that Logan brought over whatever I was lacking. She was such an angel sometimes.

There was nothing to clean, nothing to stock up on, and nothing to do.

Which is why I was debating to text or not to text Tyler.

We'd only been texting each other back and forth throughout the week, and actually a lot more than I expected after the last time we'd hung out. Which I was still thinking about and getting butterflies from a week and a half later.

Okay, my feet had been practically numb for a good 20 minutes after Tyler's impromptu swim, but it was worth it. It was worth it to feel Tyler kissing me, even though the lines were still a little blurred, and I had no idea where we stood exactly. I wasn't good at the whole 'vague relationship' thing. I sucked at anything casual, and I didn't know how to navigate a relationship that hadn't even been defined as a relationship in the first place.

I wanted to think that Tyler and I had something between us. Sparks, as cliché as it was.

I hadn't told anyone about spending the day with Tyler and everything that happened at Lake Lanier. Cayden and Jeremy knew I'd gone out with him, so they demanded all of the details, but I didn't give them all of the details (which made me feel kind of rebellious and just a little bad – I knew how much they loved their gossip). I told them about making breakfast at Tyler's, and then about how we went to Lake Lanier. But I left out the picnic, and our very cold make out session.