15| Cooking and Dancing to One Direction

MORNINGS were amazing. They consisted of coffee, amazing food, a freshly risen sun, and some of the best vibes. Music always sounded better in the morning when I was whisking together my signature waffle batter (made with a splash of maple syrup and a healthy dose of cinnamon and nutmeg). The coffee was already freshly brewed, an Italian roast with just a little bit of sugar and a bunch of vanilla creamer. Everything about this morning was sweet.

My speaker was playing my new Spotify playlist called IMMACULATE VIBES, and it was impossible not to dance around the kitchen when Niall Horan's "Heartbreak Weather" was playing through the sound system. It was too good of a song to not dance to.

Some songs were just made to boogie to.

There was a fresh stack of hot waffles piling up on the marble platter on my kitchen counter. The scent of warm cinnamon wafted into my nose, and while I poured some syrup into more batter, some got on my finger, which I licked off gladly. It tasted like pure happiness. And it reminded me of eating breakfast the other morning with Tyler across from me.

It was so easy for me to get to like someone. And I already knew I liked Tyler. I probably needed to pace myself a bit more.

"Happily" by One Direction brought me away from strict Tyler thoughts, and I danced even more. This was the One Direction song that made me feel the best. It was also the song I envisioned doing a duet with my significant other during a long road trip. That was my dream. Or, at least I daydreamed about that specific scenario multiple times a week. I couldn't get to sleep without dreaming up some sort of romantic scenario. Often times, I just dreamed of dating Tom Felton, and he would play the guitar and sing to me while we sat around a campfire before heading to bed in our tent.

I don't know, it was a cute little fantasy. It made me sleep very well.

"Oh. My. God. He's really going for it."

I turned around, still dancing and grinning. I must have been really zoned out because suddenly, Cayden and Jeremy were standing in my kitchen watching me.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed, not stopping for a moment. I had to dance as long as One Direction compelled me to do so. "I have a stack of waffles that taste like cinnamony goodness if you want any!"

"Well, I surely can't resist cinnamony goodness," Jeremy said, walking over to the kitchen to grab plates for him and Cayden.

"Someone's looking really happy-go-lucky this morning," Cayden said, sitting down at the counter and piling a few waffles onto his plate. "So what is it? Does it have something to do with a certain male of the name Tyler?"

"I think it's the air quality," Jeremy pitched in, and Cayden shot him a look. "What? The humidity is low today, and PC has a low humidity tolerance. It makes him as sticky as a slug."