10| Another Daddy, I Suppose

72 hours later, and I was still thinking about Tyler's hot breath next to my face and exactly what he said to me in the middle of 2 things:

1. Crashing the wedding I planned with Cayden

2. Kind of maybe serenading me? At a wedding? To a Fitz and the Tantrums bop?

I didn't know what I was supposed to do about the whole thing because... he did that thing again. Where he, like, immensely intimidated me.

"Is 'immensely' the right word?" I asked while I shuffled through Jeremy's mood-board for his 25th birthday party coming up this weekend. I was in charge of planning it, duh, but Jeremy was the slightest bit of a control freak, meaning he had a few ideas already laid out that we could pick from. Good thing Jeremy was easy to work with even though Cayden said he was high maintenance. I thought Jeremy was just enthusiastic, and I liked that word a lot.

"Yeah, Pork, that's the right word," Cayden said, squeezing my shoulder. "Why did he immensely intimidate you? All he did was sing."

Jeremy barked out a laugh. "Ha! Come on, Cay. You've seen the guy. You've heard him speak."

"Yeah, yeah, he's a 10 in the face, body, and voice. But he was being a goofball," Cayden said.

"He was," I agreed. "While simultaneously being, like, super hot and surprising the living hell out of me."

"I admit, it was spontaneous and that was not the plan. I just thought he should see you in your natural habitat, a place where you're 100% authentic Porkchop magic," Cayden explained. "And then he got carried away and made a show out of it..."

"It was a good show," I muttered.

"I totally totally support this gossip sesh about new hottie Tyler, but this about me," Jeremy interrupted, sitting down beside me at their kitchen counter. "I am turning 22! This is a big deal!"

"You only turn 22 once," I said, "and you're turning 25."

"Shh! Don't tell the world. Besides, Taylor Swift gave us the perfect anthem for being 22! And I can turn that age as many times as I like!" Jeremy exclaimed.

Cayden broke out into song, hopping onto the counter. "'It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters and make fun of our exes. Ah ah, ah ah.'"

Jeremy grabbed my shoulders and sang, "'It feels like a perfect night for breakfast at midnight, to fall in love with strangers. Ah ah, ah ah!"

"Fall in love with strangers!" Cayden yelled. "Pork, it's a sign! We should invite Tyler!"

"What?" I said, snapping my attention away from Jeremy's mood boards. I shook my head rapidly. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no–"

"Calm down," Jeremy said, moving to sit back down. "Why can't the hottie come?"