23| Drowning in Pork Chops is Surprisingly Suffocating

EVEN further outside the city than the drive-in was one of my favorite spots

EVEN further outside the city than the drive-in was one of my favorite spots. I guess I really had a lot of favorite spots, to be honest. But if you didn't have at least 3 different favorite spots, then what were you doing?

I parked the car and got out, running over to Tyler's side and taking his hand the moment he was out of the car.

"Come on," I said, "this is one of the best places outside the city."

"I'll take your word for it."

I led Tyler down the mossy path of the hiking trail. I wasn't prepared for a full-on hike, but that was what was so perfect about this trail, and my spot. The Cascade Springs hiking trail led almost immediately to one of the most beautiful things literally ever: a mossy rock bridge that connected one side of the trail to the other, and held a fantastic little waterfall that spilled down onto more rocks into a little pond. I walked over to the edge of the rocks and sat down, legs dangling off the side.

Tyler came and sat beside me, and I watched him while he looked around, taking in the surrounding space. All of the vibrant green trees, the rocks below, the small pond that gently and quietly streamed down the rock pathway and ended less than a mile in the distance. The surrounding air was warm, but being surrounded by trees offered only a few peeks of sunlight through branches that rustled with the slight breeze.

"It's simple, but I think it's amazing," I said, ending the silence.

I was afraid maybe Tyler thought this was stupid, thought that this entire area was nothing but a little spot off a hiking trail, something that offered nothing special. I mean, it was just a hiking trail. And it wasn't this hidden spot, or some huge lookout cliff that was at the very top of the city and gave the most perfect view of Atlanta. I mean, it was a slightly curved rock with moss growing off the side and the world's tiniest waterfall. Nothing special. Except for the fact that it was everything special in my mind.

"I do a lot of thinking here. Whenever I wasn't feeling my best, or when I was feeling my best and just wanted to be somewhere beautiful that reflected my mood, I'd come here. And then I moved to California for college. But when I moved back here, this was one of the first spots I revisited," I said. "There's something so beautiful in the simplicity of it all. Every part of it. Down to the crumbly rocks, all the way up to the trees and their branches."

I turned my head and caught Tyler looking at me, an amused smile plastered on his face.

"Do you take all of your presumable romantic interests here?" he joked.

"No," I said, turning to look at the waterfall a few feet beside where we sat, "just you."

"Hey." Tyler's hand cupped my face and pulled me back to his gaze. "I think this place is great. I think it's charming. I've never really seen somewhere like it."