Epilogue 2

Epilogue 2| Freaky on the Football Field

"I'VE never loved you more than seeing you dance down those bleachers like Heath Ledger

"I'VE never loved you more than seeing you dance down those bleachers like Heath Ledger."

Tyler walked, holding my hand, down the field. He'd planned an extravagant serenade followed by an on-field picnic, which I could actually see at the end of the field. I hadn't been able to see it when all the lights shut off, but it was amazing.

And it wasn't just a picnic–

"Retract that statement, I've never loved you more than when you put a fort on a football field!" I yelled, running towards the end.

I heard Tyler laugh while I ran off, collapsing on the ground when I got to the fort. I mean, I guess an outdoor fort was just a tent, but it was still amazing.

"I know how much you love forts," Tyler said, joining me on the ground.

He was way more graceful about getting on the ground than I was. Considering I threw myself down, and he just sat down, casually reaching to open this gigantic picnic basket that looked straight out of a movie set. It was phenomenal.

"I wanted to get the best of all worlds, here. Football field in honor of your favorite movie, same with the embarrassing bleacher dancing–"

"Embarrassing?" I said. "No, it was literally perfect!"

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Of course you think that. And believe me, I know that I'm a great performer. But that shit, regardless, would be humiliating if caught on video and played back to me. It might make me jump off my apartment."

"You are prohibited from jumping off your apartment, actually."

Tyler grabbed my hand and lifted it up to his mouth. "I know," he said, pressing his lips to my skin. He let go to grab a small towel out of the basket, and placed it on the ground, following it by grabbing the food from the basket and setting it out.

"As I was saying, I tied in the fort to make you feel comfortable. And hey, it's extra privacy, too. No one will be able to see it if we get a little freaky on the football field." Tyler winked.

I blushed tomato-y.

"Or we can just eat these amazing hand pies that I made all by myself, just for you."

"I do love hand pies," I said, grabbing one and sinking my teeth in. "But Ethan definitely made these."

"Dammit!" Tyler cursed. "I really thought I could get away with that one."

I raised my eyebrows. "After trying to show you how to bake several times, Ty, I can't believe you actually thought that."

"So it was a long shot!"

"It was longer than a long shot."

"You're being so rude to me right now, it's ridiculous," Tyler said, leaning towards me. "I love it."