34| Probably Not Nothing

33| Probably Not Nothing

TYLER'S scrimmage was almost finished, and it was almost not unbearably awkward sitting next to his ex-boyfriend in the bleachers

TYLER'S scrimmage was almost finished, and it was almost not unbearably awkward sitting next to his ex-boyfriend in the bleachers. Almost.

He showed up late, when the scrimmage had already started, and introduced himself to me. He was unbelievably good-looking, just like his Instagram and Twitter made obvious. Like. I was sitting next to a real life celebrity. Who Tyler, my actual boyfriend now, had once gone out with. I was kind of in a spiral, but I wasn't letting the jealousy get to me. I knew Tyler was serious about me now, and he outright told me there were no feelings for Alexander that had been hiding inside him and stuff.

But there was a tiny bit of jealousy just because Alexander was sitting next to me, he had a great Australian accent, his hair looked silky soft, and he was actually incredibly nice.

"So, uh," I said, just trying to find some way to initiate conversation because the silence at the moment was so loud, "you and Tyler used to be on the same team?"

Alexander nodded. "When I transferred from Australia to California for my senior year, I joined the basketball team, and that's where we met."

"That's super fun," I said.

"So how did you meet Tyler?" Alexander asked.

"Well, we actually met a year ago, a little more now. At this graduation festival I planned that happened to be for his school, when he was graduating," I said.

Alexander was looking at me like he just realized something. "Oh. I remember that night. I was playing there," he said. "I didn't realize you had planned that. Or that Tyler had met you that long ago."

"Oh. I, uh ... I didn't know that, either," I said. "I mean, I didn't know that you were one of the people playing that night. I definitely knew that I met Tyler that long ago."

Both of us looked back towards the court, and thankfully, the game was close to wrapping up. I was just waiting for it to be over at this point. This was just going to get more awkward sitting here, and I really didn't know how to handle it. The awkward conversation wasn't exactly my thing.

"Tyler speaks really fondly of you, you know," Alexander said. "Sometimes it's hard for him to come around, but when he does, he really cares."

"I didn't know that. That he was speaking, uh, fondly of me, I guess," I said.

Alexander smiled. "Well, he has to me. I'm sure he has to other people, as well. And I thought I would let you know that, just to say that I ... pose no threat to you?"

I looked over at him. "I, uh–"

"Sorry, sorry," he said, shaking his head. "I didn't mean to make it seem like you assumed I was a threat, or anything. That's rather presumptuous of me. I just mean ... I didn't come here with an agenda to get Tyler back or anything, I really was just going to be in the area, and Tyler just so happened to have moved here. I came for my show and for, well, other reasons. Other reasons in which I need to discuss with Tyler."