27| Ashes & Dashes

27| Ashes & Dashes

WHEN I woke up and Tyler's hand was still in mine, there was a warm and fuzzy feeling inside of me, and the sun shining through the windows radiated even more warmth into my heart

WHEN I woke up and Tyler's hand was still in mine, there was a warm and fuzzy feeling inside of me, and the sun shining through the windows radiated even more warmth into my heart. Tyler looked calm, serene while he slept. I didn't want to stop holding his hand and sitting on the ground beside him (which was surprisingly comfortable), but I was craving coffee and breakfast. On the coffee table, I clicked my phone and saw that it was almost 2 in the afternoon. It made sense that we had woken up so late considering how late we ended up getting to sleep, but I couldn't remember the last time I'd woken up later than 9.

I gently slipped my hand out of Tyler's, and his felt limp at the side of the couch while I stood up. My stomach rumbled a little as I walked into the kitchen to start making breakfast, and this morning, I was feeling like making an egg scramble. Eggs, potatoes, some sausage, some vegetables, cheese, all the works. I got things going along with a pot of coffee, and turned on some quiet music to try not to disturb Tyler. Even if he was asleep, I poured him another mug of coffee and took out some aspirin, ready for when he woke up. The hearty breakfast would help his probable hangover, too.

"Smells like heaven," Tyler's voice mumbled from the couch. My eyes gazed over to where he lay, and he groggily stood up from the couch, stretching his arms over his head and groaning loudly. His tired eyes met mine, and he smiled a hint of a smile before walking over to the kitchen, yawning.

"I hope you like eggs and a bunch of random shit," I said.

"I love eggs and a bunch of random shit," he confirmed, sitting down at one of the bar stools. He rubbed his tired eyes. "Hey, did I try to seduce you last night?"

I chuckled. "A little bit."

"And I suppose I failed?"

You wouldn't have failed if you weren't drunk out of your mind...

I wasn't bold enough to say something like that out loud, though. So instead I said, "You had 11 beers." It was pretty self-explanatory.

Tyler nodded. "Jesus, 11. All I remember is playing a couple rounds of beer pong, kicking Charles' ass, and then the rest is a blur of beer bottles and loud music. I barely remember coming here."

"You were pretty gone," I said, ignoring the dip in my heart when he admitted not remembering coming here.

"I remember kissing you, though. That's always extremely vivid."

The dip was gone, and the normal sense of happiness returned completely, more pronounced this time. So he remembered kissing me. And that felt ... really nice.

"And was there a ... a Hallmark Christmas movie on?" Tyler asked.

"Oh yeah, well, you couldn't sleep right away, so I turned on the TV. It was already on the Hallmark Channel," I said, scrambling the eggs.