Chapter 27-Dragons

TW: Dragons, Kidnapping (sort of), Arguing, Injuries, Witches, Forbidden Practices, Talks of Killing Living Creatures,

Can you guess what's gonna happen?

So far on their magical journey, there had been plenty of unbelievable and wild adventures. There had been kidnappings, magical and regular injuries. Not to mention that Virgil had been officially orphaned and kind of unofficially crowned acting king (they had never had the ceremony), and Patton had shot at someone. And all that had happened after Virgil had spent the night in and escaped the Light Realm dungeon, death glared one of his peoples greatest war criminals, stood before a crowd of people that a month ago had probably wanted him dead, and somehow managed to negotiate a peace treaty between two constantly fighting kingdoms (probably the only good thing that had happened honestly). 

If you believe in superstition, the number thirteen may seem especially unlucky. Already this trip had been very unlucky, unreal even, it being the thirteenth day since the Dark Realm was attacked may have deterred any that did believe in superstitions. Maybe it should have deterred the travelers as well. Maybe one of them should have thought to take a precaution of some kind to protect themselves against any more bad luck. But they hadn't. And bad luck seemed to be following them like a stray dog. It just. Kept. Coming.

The two princes were still refusing to communicate with each other. Logan and Patton had left them alone to clean up the place they'd stopped for lunch in hopes that they would work out their issues. Meanwhile, they had gone to the nearest town an hour away to gather more supplies. Roman and Virgil were nearly finished packing up the area, which had been done in complete silence, for the most part, placing their things away and getting ready to leave. Roman was putting some things away and Virgil was making sure he had everything in his bag when a roar shook the sky and made both princes jump to their feet and lookup.

A moment later the sounds of people running through the woods made the princes turn to the sounds, each with a hand at the hilt of their swords. Patton and Logan broke free of their green prison just a second later, both looking panicked and pale as they paused momentarily to take a breath. They leaned over themselves, panting heavily and trying to still their quickly beating hearts. Logan looked up at them finally, opening his mouth to speak, "Dra-" was the only sound he was able to get out before something swooped out of the sky, dipping into the clearing, and plucked both Logan and Patton off the ground in a fraction of a second before suddenly shooting back up.

Roman and Virgil could only stare for a moment before grabbing the horses, each taking one horse that belonged to another as well, and taking off quickly to follow. "You still have Dragons!?" Roman asked incredulously.

'They're not exactly easy to relocate' Virgil shot back, though the signs had been mostly been ignored as Roman and Virgil focused their energies on following the dragons.

About a year ago there had been a series of letters between the Light Realm, Dark Realm, and three other kingdoms discussing the matter of Dragons. Particularly plans involving the humane capture and relocation of them. You see the year before had had a large amount of Dragon attacks and it had been decided that they needed to avoid that happening again. For the six months, the plans were discussed the two rivaling kingdoms managed to keep themselves from fighting. And it had actually been them that had made the push for the removal of Dragons to equal relocation and not execution. 

What could they say? Janus was a sucker for anything with scales and Roman always wanted to play the hero. So, technically and unknowingly, the two princes had in a way worked together and managed to convince humane removal to not only their parents but the other three kingdoms as well.

The Light Realm along with two of the other kingdoms had managed to relocate every dragon in their kingdoms. Meanwhile, the Dark Realm and the one other kingdom who had been a part of the train of letters had had a bit more trouble. It made a little sense, seeing as these two kingdoms had more Dragons than the other four did but it was still aggravating, to say the least.