Chapter 5: 80s Chick

Start from the beginning

Ned turns to me, stunned. "No way! Why you, though?"

I shrug and reply, "I guess because I'm the only one he knows who comes here."

"Mm. What's her name again? Y/n something..."

"Y/n Sinclair," I confirm.

"I think it's cool that she's coming here. She's like the 80s Captain America," Ned snickers. "Oh my god, do you think she's a super soldier too?" he excitedly chatters.

"I doubt it, Ned," I say with a breathy chuckle.

Ned starts talking about the lego Death Star but I drown his voice out when I look up and see her.

Liz Allan walks through with her friends and my eyes stay glued on her as she passes by.

"That'd be great," I say in a soft and dreamy voice, even though I have no idea what Ned just said.

I'm pulled out of my dreamlike state when Ned nudges my side. I look at him and he nods his head toward the entrance that Liz just came in through. That's when I hear the scattered whispers.

"Oh my gosh, look, it's her!"

"It's the 80s chick."

"Look at her hair, didn't anyone tell her it's not the 80s anymore?"

"I think it's cute, very vintage."

"Dude, I think she's older than my mom."

"She's way hotter than your mom."

I glance towards the entrance and there she is. The one everyone is calling the 80s chick. She walks further into the hall and I take that time to study her features. It feels weird seeing her outside a photo, she's so much prettier in person. Her 80s style hair is awesome, in my opinion.

(You can imagine any hairstyle you want, but if you can't think of one and like this one then here you go!)

She stands in the middle of the crowd as she reads the paper in her hand and snaps her head up to look around nervously.

"Uh, I'll see you later, Ned," I say to him before walking away to talk to the girl.

"Hi," I say, trying to sound confident as I approach her. She stares up at me with her big eyes, seeming to be shocked that someone is speaking to her. "Hi," she says back with a smile.

"You must be y/n. I'm Peter Parker," I say, awkwardly sticking my hand out. She gently shakes my hand and I feel tingles run from the tips of my fingers all the way up my arm when we touch.

"Ohhh, so you're Peter."

"Yeah, you know about me?"

"I do. Mr. Stark told me about you." She steps closer to murmur, "and that you're Spider-Man."