Chapter 86: Mysterio Is a Fraud

Y/n's POV:

As soon as we enter Peter's room, he goes straight to the windows to shut the curtains. I beat him to it, however, and close them with the wave of my hand. He spins around in surprise to look at me and nods. Meanwhile, MJ just stares at me with her jaw dropped. Peter starts pacing back and forth as he rambles, "I can't believe I gave Beck those glasses. I mean, how could I be that stupid? He's probably spying on us right now or sending a drone to come and kill us." 

He peeks through the curtains before hurrying away from the windows, going over to his laptop. I'm beating myself up for not stopping him from giving Beck the glasses. I should've followed my instinct and prevented this from happening.

"You had access to killer drones??" MJ questions, shocked.

As Peter types away on his computer, he answers, "Yeah, I didn't really want them, especially after I almost killed Brad." He slams the laptop closed before walking over to his bed. He said that so casually, no wonder MJ looks horrified.

"You almost killed Brad??" she asks in disbelief, looking at the boy before turning to me.

"Uh... well, look on the bright side! Brad's still alive!" I try to lighten up the situation, but all it earns me is a strange look from MJ.

"Look," Peter pipes up, making us turn to him. He gazes at me and informs me, "we have to call Mr. Fury and tell him that Beck's a fraud but..." He glances down at his phone in his hands. "I think he tapped our phones," he concludes. I quickly take my phone out of my back pocket and turn it off when he says this.

"Okay, so what are you guys gonna do?" MJ asks us.

"We go old school. Ditch the cellphones and physically face Fury," I answer.

"Yes, right. Uh, I need my suit," Peter utters, swiftly turning around and grabbing his backpack from the chair behind him before going over to the bed. "We have to go to Berlin and talk to Mr. Fury in person," he states as he spills the contents of his backpack onto the bed and rips his sweater off. As soon as he starts pulling his shirt up, MJ immediately turns around to give him some privacy. I, however, just stand there and watch him without thinking much of it. Once the shirt's off, however, I notice how muscular he is and the air is knocked out of my lungs. I think this is the first time I've seen him shirtless.

Peter looks up at me and freezes when he realizes I'm staring at him. He stares back and just blinks. "No, please, keep going," I nonchalantly say. His eyes widen and he lets out a small breathy chuckle, his face reddening. I chuckle at his reaction. "I'm kidding, I'm turning around," I state, lifting my hands in surrender and turning around. I hear clothes ruffling behind me and I fight the urge to not look. I slowly turn my head to the side, my desire to take a peek winning. I suddenly feel something slap my arm and my head snaps to the other side to look at MJ, who gives me a pointed look. "What??" I whisper-yell.

I notice a figure at the door and shift my eyes that way, seeing Ned with his mouth hanging open. His eyes dart between all of us and I suddenly hear the sound of a zipper before Peter speaks up, "oh, Ned, perfect."

"The costume looks great... for- for the costume party at the prince's castle," Ned tries to cover for him. Wow, that was a terrible lie.

"She knows. I told her," Peter and I answer simultaneously. I turn to glance at him, seeing him in his black suit with the white eyes lifted up.

MJ glances at me before facing Ned. "They didn't tell me. I figured it out," she states.

Ned forces a smile and slowly nods. "Oh... that's cool," he responds. Why am I sensing some jealousy from him?