Chapter 36: SWORD

I wake up with a loud gasp. I had another nightmare, this time about Tony, Steve, and Vision. I saw Steve disappear into the quantum portal and Vision and Tony die. I turn on my side and see Morgan peacefully asleep. I sigh as I observe her, she's so much like him. I quietly get up and tiptoe to my dresser, fetching some clothes before sneaking out of the room. I take a shower and get dressed then head into the kitchen to find something to eat. I haven't eaten breakfast since I blipped. Pepper's not up yet so I make myself a bowl of cereal and go sit in the living room. I turn on the tv and open Netflix, deciding to watch 'Sister, Sister.' This show is pretty cute and funny, so hopefully, it helps me feel better.

As I'm watching, my mind ponders back on the nightmare, specifically the part about Vision. That reminds me, I need to check on Wanda. I tried reaching out to her but she wouldn't answer. I'm going to try again. I unlock my phone and call her. It rings for a while before sending me to voicemail. "Hey, Wanda. It's me, uh, I'm just checking up again... call me back," I speak into the phone before hanging up. Not even a minute later, my phone vibrates and I check the screen. Wanda's calling back. Finally. I quickly answer the call and pause my show. "Hello?"

"Hey, y/n," her voice sounds through the phone.

"Hey... I haven't heard from you in three weeks, how are you doing?" There's a brief moment of silence on her end before she sighs.

"I, uh... I know where Vision is. I'm going to go claim his body," she discloses. My heart sinks at her statement.

"Oh... well, that's good, you deserve to get closure."

"Will you go with me?" she questions. My eyes widen. I didn't expect her to ask me that.

"Of course I will. I'm not leaving you alone," I respond.

"Thank you... Should I pick you up at your house?"

"Sure."

"Okay, I'll be there in 15 minutes."

"Okay, bye." I hang up and saunter into the kitchen to wash my bowl and spoon before heading to my room. I change into something more presentable and fix up my hair. I check the time on my phone. It is 10:35 AM. I view Morgan in the reflection of the mirror. She's still fast asleep but it's understandable since she did fall asleep late last night. I sneak out of my room again and go into the living room. Pepper walks in soon after.

"Good morning, sweetie," she voices, stunned to see me like this.

"Good morning," I respond. She comes over and sits next to me on the couch, kissing my temple.

"Are you going somewhere?" she softly asks.

"Yeah. I'm running errands with Wanda." Pepper lightly grins. I can tell she's relieved to see me up and about and in regular clothes. She shouldn't get her hopes up too high though.

"Okay, have a good time," she replies. I nod my head. How good of a time can someone have when recovering a dead body? My phone buzzes and I check the screen. I have a message from Wanda, informing me that she's outside.

"Oh, she's here. I have to go," I tell Pepper as I stand up. She stands as well and pecks my cheek.

"Alright, see you later, sweetie," she says. I dully grin and head to the door. I pause and turn around to face her.

"I love you, Pep," I express. I feel kind of guilty for pushing her away. I know she just wants to help me and I appreciate it but it's difficult for me to open up right now. She sends me a warm smile.

"I love you too," she returns. I give her a weak grin before turning around and opening the door. I exit the cabin and shut the door behind me before nearing Wanda's car.