Chapter 44: We Interrupt This Program Part 2

"Get me a transport back to headquarters now," Hayward orders. "Are we recording this?"

"Never stopped," Darcy confirms.

"I need immediate analysis. Now, people. Let's go!"

"He's a charmer," Darcy sarcastically remarks. Jimmy stares at the tv in confusion.

"Why did they give y/n Sinclair Wanda's powers in the show?" he wonders aloud. The friends exchange looks among each other.

"For fun?" Lucas suggests. Jimmy just shrugs.

"Great work, guys," he compliments before sauntering off.

"Hey, thanks," Darcy replies while the rest nod and smile. "Maybe I could get that coffee now? Or not, that's cool."

"No one will tell me where the coffee is either," Dustin remarks. They all look at the tv again when the studio audience awws. Wanda and Vision kiss, making Darcy go, "aww" as well. End credits pass over an image of Wanda, Vision, y/n, and Tony smiling at the camera. As soon as the episode ends, Lucas hops on the computer and sends the recorded episode to Jonathan.

•~•~•~•

"First and foremost, our main objective is to get any intel on Captain Rambeau, but originally, this case was a missing person so we're going to start there. We've successfully identified four individuals inside the Westview anomaly," Jimmy informs the group, pinning four photos on the board. "Let's keep going." With that, everyone gets to work on investigating the anomaly and identifying the individuals inside Westview.

They succeed to identify many recurring characters except for Agnes. Lucas takes a sip from his water bottle before looking at the tv screen. He nearly chokes when he sees a certain teenage boy on the screen. In the background behind Tony is Peter sitting on a bench reading a book. He quickly goes to the recording and takes a screenshot. He prints the image and rushes to his friends. "I found the boy," he discloses before speeding away. The other three are either intrigued or baffled by his claim and follow after him. He approaches Darcy and Jimmy, who are discussing Monica's role in Westview.

"So what, deep cover? Monica has to play along?" Darcy questions.

"The same could be asked about him," Lucas jumps in, handing the image to Jimmy. Darcy and Jimmy analyze it.

"Who? Stark?" Darcy asks.

"No, the boy behind him. Peter Parker. He disappeared into the anomaly the night before Captain Rambeau did when he was looking for y/n," Lucas explains.

"He doesn't seem to be harmed either so that's good. But if they're playing along, with whom? Or else, what?" Jimmy inquires, glancing at everyone. They all shake their heads or shrug. "Alright. Brass tacks. What are we looking at here? Is it an alternate reality? Time travel? Some cockamamie social experiment?"

"It's a sitcom," Darcy and Will answer. "A 1950s sitcom," Darcy adds.

"But why?" Jimmy pushes.

"Hey, man, we're working with the same scarcity of intel... but listen, I-I do have an idea," Darcy claims.

*Time skip*

Will and Darcy set up their equipment outside while the rest of the gang waits inside. "So, you've seen that radio in Wanda's kitchen counter, right? Y/n is always with her so the next time she's washing dishes, which, by my count, happens about once an episode, barf, we'll shoot a signal to that little guy," Darcy conveys.

"This transmitter will mimic the frequency of the broadcast, and if our theory is right, allow us to speak directly to them," Will explains as Darcy adjusts the equipment.