Chapter 38: 50s Suburbia Part 2

"Oh, oh... You men stay put. I sense a domestic emergency, so..." Mrs. Hart declares, nearing the kitchen. Vision and Tony spring up.

"Mrs. Hart, please don't, You can't- you- please," Vision stumbles over his words. Mrs. Hart swings the window's doors open, causing Vision to break out into song. "Yeah! Take out the papers and the trash..."

The woman spins around before she could see everything floating around the kitchen. Wanda and I freeze, staring out the window in shock. "Or you won't get no spending cash!" Vision proceeds. We tilt our heads, looking at him in bewilderment.

Tony notices us, making his eyes go wide. He dashes over next to Vision and joins in on the singing. "If you don't scrub the kitchen floor..." Mrs. Hart starts to dance. Boy, that woman is easily entertained. "You ain't gonna rock and roll no more. Yakety Yak! Don't talk back!" the two men finish. Mrs. Hart moves away from the window, so I quickly close it telekinetically.

We set everything down and focus on the chicken. Wanda points her fingers at it, making it go up in flames. "Oh, no, too much!" she gasps.

"Let me try," I suggest. I move my hands in a reverse motion and the chicken turns into a basket of eggs. This time I gasp, "oh, no! Not enough!" 

🎥🎥🎥

Vision sits in between the Hart's while Tony sits in the chair by Mrs. Hart. Vision strums his ukulele as he sings, "Old McDonald had a farm..."

"Ee-i-ee-i-o!" Mrs. Hart and Tony sing.

"And on that farm, he had a-" Everyone turns to Mr. Hart expectantly, who looks irritated. It's silent as the man doesn't sing. "Pig," Vision finishes for him, resuming his ukulele-playing.

"Ee-i-ee-i-o!" He, Mrs. Hart, and Tony sing.

"With a..."

"Oink, oink-"

"Here, and a-"

"Oink, oink-"

"There."

"Here an oink. There an oink," Mrs. Hart has a brief solo.

"Everywhere an oink, oink. Old McDonald had a farm..." the three sing, without Mr. Hart.

🎥🎥🎥

Wanda and I are stressed, trying to do multiple things at once. It's not going very well. "What are we supposed to do next? What was the main course again?" I question.

"It was..." Wanda commences, checking the floating recipe cards. "Steak... no. Steak... Steak... Diane!" she excitedly yells at the end.

🎥🎥🎥

"Yes!" Vision pipes up. "Oh! I think that must be my wife summoning me."

"She calls you 'Diane?" Mr. Hart asks in bewilderment.

Vision grins uncomfortably. "Yes... it's her pet name for me. I'm just coming... Fred... Excuse me a moment," he speaks, getting up.

"Hey, who wants to hear a joke?" Tony speaks up, trying to keep the couple entertained.

🎥🎥🎥

Wanda hovers a lobster over a pot, lowering it into the water. Vision busts into the kitchen, startling her. "Oh, no!" she gasps, flinging the lobster in my direction. I scream and duck right before it could hit me and it flies out the window. I whirl around and the window closes. Vision jogs over and looks out the window in surprise.

"How can I be of assistance?"

"Well, the chicken is no longer a chicken," Wanda starts.

"And the lobsters just flew the coop, nearly killing me in the process," I continue for her.