Chapter 2: Never Ending Romance

Start from the beginning

"It's just the fireworks," answered Jonathan after a few seconds.

"I doubt it," I said as I walked up to stand next to Nancy. My eyes widen in realization and I turn to look at El.

"When you talked to Billy, was it in here?" I asked. El nodded.

Everyone looked around as thudding noises were heard in the distance. Will suddenly looked petrified as he brought his hand to the back of his neck. "He knows we're here."

We all headed outside the cabin and there it was, coming in our direction. A giant spider-looking creature made out of flesh. The Mind Flayer. Fear flooded my veins as I saw it crawling towards us. Everyone dispersed to prepare for battle. Nancy got a gun from the shack and Jonathan grabbed an axe. I helped the kids cover the doors and windows. We all stood in a circle in the middle of the room, waiting for the Mind Flayer to attack. Everything in the small cabin began to shake as it got closer. The anticipation in the room was high.

The lights flickered and the shaking got worse. "It's close," announced Will.

It continued on like this until it suddenly stopped and got quiet. "Where'd it go?" questioned Max. The only thing that could be heard was our shuddered breathing.

All of a sudden, a snake-like thing burst through the wall, shoving me to the floor and going right for El. She backed up into the wall, frightened. Before it could get her, I held my hand out and stopped it with my telekinesis. Jonathan took the opportunity to start hitting it with the axe and chopped the tentacle in half. Another one zoomed through the same hole in the wall and sent him flying towards the floor. Nancy began to shoot at it but she quickly ran out of bullets. She pressed her back against the wall in fear and the tooth-filled tentacle launched itself at her. I was going to stop it but El beat me to it. She pulled her arm down, tearing the top part of the tentacle off. It withdrew right back out the same hole it came in through.

"Holy shit," exclaimed Max before yelping and ducking. That thing shot back inside right at Eleven and I, who were standing in the middle of the room. I swiftly put my hand up and held it back before it could touch me. Another one hurtled at us and I did the same thing with my other hand. I then bent my elbows downward and sharply brought my arms down to tear the disgusting tentacles apart.

The Mind Flayer broke through the ceiling all of a sudden and snatched El's leg with one of it's toothy tentacles from its enormous mouth. Everyone screamed and Mike quickly latched onto her arms, the others copying his actions. I formed a ball of energy and was about to aim it at the Mind Flayer until another tentacle zoomed in from a window and yanked me towards the sky by my ankle.

I let out an ear-piercing scream and heard Jonathan yell, "y/n!"

He grabbed my arms while Will and Max held onto El with one arm and grabbed onto me with the other. They pulled me towards them and I continued to scream in agony.

"Nancy, shoot it!" Jonathan shouted in despair.

She reloaded her gun as fast as she could and shot at the two tentacles that had a hold of El and I. It didn't seem to be working, so Lucas seized the axe and began hacking at the tentacle that was latched onto El. Nancy kept shooting at the monster's face while Lucas continued chopping. He eventually succeeded and Eleven collapsed on top of Mike. It still had me though, so he began to chop away again.

"Let go of my right hand!" I ordered and they obeyed.

My eyes glowed purple and I created the biggest ball of energy that I could and fired it at the fleshy creature. It rapidly let go of my ankle and retracted the tentacle back into its mouth. I toppled on top of Jonathan and sobbed in pain as he pet my hair and tried to comfort me.