Chapter- 54

-Nathan-

I just froze on the place. My eagerness to see my mate shot up in my heart.

I felt the smell was increasing at a great speed which meant my mate was coming to me.

At a time like this, my mind went blank and fear took the place. The fear of rejection.

As I was thinking to turn and run away from this place, a girl of seventeen stopped in front of me. She was panting. That sweet smell was wafting off of her body.

Mine! The moment my wolf declared I saw her blushing. I raised my hand to touch her but all she said at that time was, "You... you are an omega? Aren't you the rejected one?" I could hear the disbelief in her voice.

The memory of rejection and pain flooded my mind. I didn't wanna be rejected once again. What was more shameful was that my weak wolf was also terrified and shrank in my head.

Those beautiful light blue eyes of Emilia were wider with astonishment.

I couldn't take it anymore so I turned and ran away. I remembered who she was.

Emilia, a warrior wolf who had just awakened. She was being trained so hard to become the second-in command for the next alpha Isaac Sirius Dasan. I was no match for her.

I dashed to my house and closed the door well.

I sniffed in the air and tried to hear the footsteps. But to my frustration, she was not chasing me. I was sure that I was gonna get rejected once again.

Why? Why didn't she come? Why would she reject me? My weak wolf whined.

So I didn't get out of my house for another one week. But this couldn't go on. So I called my one of my friends who is also an omega, told him everything and asked for his help. He provided me with Emilia's information. I came to know that she was not looking for me and felt more depressed. I came out of the house but avoided all the routes that were used by her.

My wolf, my heart and lungs were thirsty to sniff even a little bit of her sweet smell. I felt so thirsty for her. She had sand blonde hair, light blue pupils, straight nose and sharp jaw line. Her body was strong as she was a warrior and there's sharpness in her gaze.

Ah! I really wanted to see her badly.

Not long after, we came face to face but she ignored me. Did she reject me already? No, she didn't. I was not feeling any soul crushing pain.

How cruel! Why am I stuck with this kind of luck? People hardly find out their mates but I found two mates in a single lifetime. Why are they all so strong? Why am I this weak and poor? I cried in my heart.

After two weeks, I was returning to my house when I got that smell again but this time it was intense, so intense that I felt that I smelt the aphrodisiac perfume. I was so thirsty and the smell was getting nearer. I wanted to run away but my body was unwilling to move. I saw Emilia coming towards me with her flushing red cheek.

At that time I had no idea of her heat cycle. It was the winter evening. The moon was already up in the sky. She was looking pale and beautiful. My body started to move on its own. I walked to her and she rushed to me. We crushed into each other's arms and started to kiss. It was an intense kiss; my mouth filled with her sweetness, her body scent was making me crazy. We rushed into the woods holding hands and lost ourselves there.

We didn't know when we transformed from human to wolf and from wolf to human. Emilia was the one who was transforming frequently. When she found out that transformation was painful for me, her wolf-self stabilized herself in human shape.