Chapter- 50

-Fima-

Everything has been settled. All the conditions have been set up properly. I don't need even a single penny from Zach. I just want to clean the sin that has stained my body.

The lawyer is sitting in front of me. Eric has managed him for me, though he doesn't support my decision. Every day, in a hundred of ways, he tried to persuade me not to divorce Zach but failed to change my mind.

"Are you sure, Fima?" My lawyer Mr. Lautenr stares at me.

I am not sure what kind of assurance he is asking for- my decision to divorce Zach or my decision to not take any property from Zach.

Whatever it is, I nod and say, "Yes."

Eric is standing beside the window looking outside uninterestedly.

"Here is your pen." Mr. Lautner offers.

I take the pen and look at the papers typed with so many strange words, all related to divorce. I take a deep breath and look at the window.

In the furthest corner of my heart, I still beg for someone to come up and stop me. Gradually my eyes get blurred and tears starts to flow.

I am so confused.

I can't live with a wild animal that can turn into a human. Zach is nothing but a form of evil. He is not normal, neither his locality. Zach deceived me. Why did he approach me in the first place? Did he have fun with me?

I look at the paper again and put the nib on the paper. After crying, my eyes are clear now.

I force my hand to write my name, but cannot write a single letter.

-Eric-

I don't understand what goes on in a woman's mind.

She is happily married with a model like man and has three cute babies. I don't know what happened between them that is making Fima to divorce her husband.

She is crying, looking so unwilling to sign the papers.

If you don' wanna separate, why are you forcing yourself to do so? Just forget and live on happily and peacefully. Zach is also getting crazy for you. Every day he asked me thousands of times to persuade you not to divorce him.

Huh! I really don't get it.

Suddenly I hear a cry and turn my head to see. After that cry everything happens one after another before I can react properly.

Fima has stabbed her left hand with the pen and is looking kinda lost. Blood is spreading on the paper and the table.

"Fima-" Mr Lautner cries out.

Before I could reach, I see Zach, who has slammed open the door, is standing beside Fima. Fima is looking at her husband with her big eyes. She's looking like a lost innocent child.

Zach pulls out the pen from her hand and kneels down in front of her. I can't see his expression as he is sitting with his back at me.

-Fima-

"Please don't do this. Please..." a warm and gentle voice enters my ears. This voice is so familiar to me.

Zach! You have come, Zach!

I look at the handsome face in front of me which looks unbearably sad. "I promise I won't cross your path again. I'll never show you my face, will never touch you... Never... So,..." Tears fall from his eyes. Those eyes are so deep, so innocent and so wild. He hasn't shifted yet I can feel Sirius's gaze through those eyes. I shudder but my contradicting feelings keep me calm on the surface.