Chapter 22

-Mason-

I have finally shifted into wolf today. For the past days, my suffering was only increasing. I had a high fever and unbearable muscle pain for the last few days. I felt so restless. Someone was continuously walking back and forth in my mind. It was like I had been restrained in chains. The continuous whisper and howl were making me crazy. I wanted freedom; freedom from this cursed pain and my current body.

At last, the most frightening moment of my life came to me today in the morning. I felt the intense pain in my muscles and in my bones. My whole body was burning with the pain. I just can't describe the pain of shifting. The crackling of bones and tearing sound of my muscle made me panic so much. I thought that I was going to die. I screamed and screamed. I couldn't handle any longer and fainted.

When I opened my eyes, everything seemed different. my whole body was still aching but something felt different. I looked down and saw my paws instead of my hands. Trust me; this scene wasn't pleasant for me at first. Yes, I know that I am a werewolf from the very beginning. But still, I am used to see my human form and seeing myself as a beast for the first time shocked me.

In my confusing state, a voice sounded in my head. It introduced itself as my wolf and said its name, Tyler. It felt strange as Tyler is my middle name. When Tyler talked to me, I thought that I had gone crazy. How could I talk to myself?

Still I don't get it how I'm talking to myself who seems like another person. Tyler told me that, we are part of each other and we can think separately. I think in a more humane way and he thinks in a more beast way. This is so confusing.

I'm running into the woods right now. I feel stronger and my senses get sharper. I've never seen this beauty of the woods. Everything is so clear. The dew drops on leaves, the thin mist, smell of trees, birds and other animals, and various types of sounds. The whole nature seems alive. Everything is beating. I can feel the vibration of life from everything in the nature. It's so overwhelming. Tyler, my wolf, is happy to make me feel astonished. He told me to sit back and enjoy. I know he's controlling me but I don't have an ounce of power left in my body to control him because of the shifting pain.

I feel the waves of happiness inside me as Tyler is enjoying his freedom and I'm feeling extremely happy for him. We hunted a deer and ate its flesh. I thought it would be gross but it wasn't.

Suddenly Tyler halts. I also snap out of my daze. In my whole body, I feel a strong presence. The presence is so scary that I feel suffocated. Tyler starts to whine. Nobody tells me but I know an Alpha is here. I just want to flee from here but my legs aren't moving. I feel so numb and kneel down.

I see the giant alpha wolf approaching to me. I gulp and howl. Alpha Sirius stands in front of me and demands my pledge. I and my wolf knew from the start that we are going to serve Alpha Sirius. So without any delaying, we pledge our loyalty to the Alpha. Just after the pledge, I feel a click in my head like someone clicked a switch on inside my brain. I feel secured and an inseparable feeling to my alpha. He then commands me to shift. I feel so scared to shift. I don't want to go through that pain again. But he again orders me to shift. The power in his order forces me to shift. I am amazed to know that I'm feeling lesser pain in shifting now.

Alpha Sirius appoints Emilia for my training. It's a bit dizzying how I can use my mind to link with other members of our pack.

Whoa! It's really awesome to shift. This new life is really awesome.

-Drake-

Today I heard that Mason shifted. Now it's our turn. I heard that shifting is painful and I am afraid to shift. For the past few days, my fever is getting up and down. I constantly feel a whisper in my head. I am so afraid. I feel restless and constantly irritated by everything. Even a little sound is making my head split into half. I don't know what I want, where I want to go.