Chapter 12

(Picture collected from Google. By looking at the picture I hope you guessed that today Fima will meet the wolf, her mate's beast form. Let's see what happens next.)

-Fima-

It's been ten days since I came to stay at Dasan's house as a paying guest. Our dorm is okay now. But Mrs. Dasan did not let me go back. Mr. and Mrs. Dasan insisted me on staying here. Mrs. Dasan even reduced the house rent by half. It's lower than the dorm fees. The deal seemed good and I stayed here.

I am avoiding Zach as much as possible after that day. There's no need to be so easy with him. I don't want to give him or my weakness to him anymore floor. I want to enjoy my life.

It's not like I don't talk to him. I talk to him if it's needed. Whenever I get the feeling that he is nearby, I don't cross that path.

I guess he also got the hunch that I am avoiding him. He seems somewhat depressed. It doesn't feel good to me but it's better for both of us, especially for me.

I sigh remembering that day. The whole day my heart was beating like crazy. That feeling of closeness with Zach was so good that I wanted it more and more. But I was also scared. What if, it was a joke to him? What would I do then? Youths here are so different. I don't know what's in their mind. Falling in love and breaking up is nothing important to most of them. But it's important to me. I want to marry the person I love.

Also I was scared that my greed would grow up and at the end I would not get the person I love. It happened to me in the past and it's so painful. My heart hurts so bad even remembering those memories.

So, nope. I am not going to walk on that path again.

This small pain of ignoring him is better than that intense pain and insult.

-Zach-

I am running by the side of the creek. I am in my wolf form. As I am running, I am hitting the ground with my paws. Air is touching my fur as I am running ahead penetrating it. The smell of the whole area is striking my nose; the smell of earth, the smell of tree, the smell of birds and animals, the familiar smell of the wolves of my pack. It feels like I have returned to Mother Nature after so many days.

I have reached at the territory of my pack. I meet some wolves who are guarding the territory. They howl seeing me; letting me know that everything is ok. I howl back. I run into the forest to hunt. Hunting will calm my beast.

I hunt a rabbit and start to eat it. The hot flesh and blood is quenching my thirst and calming my wild beast.

I am enjoying my freedom after so many days. Shifting brings the joy of freedom and the feeling of relaxation. My wolf is free of the shackles of human body and human world.

Alas! Fima is unable to feel all this. She will never feel the mysterious beauty of wilderness and the wildlife.

If Fima sees me hunting and eating raw flesh of animal, how will she react? Will she get it gross?

I howl to shake off the negative emotions that are building up inside me. After howling several times, I feel relaxed again.

I go to the creek again to clean my muzzle and drink some water. After drinking water, I sit beside the creek. It's fall season. The temperature in air is decreasing. I close my eyes.

Fima is living here with us. To make her live here mom reduced the rent. It's not like we need the rent. We need her. So to make her stay here is to take rent and the rent should be minimum.

Before shifting I called Nathan, Nelson and Alice to discuss about Fima. She's avoiding me and I know it too well.

Does she hate me? Is she playing with me? Is she teasing me?

Getting Closer To My Mateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें