Chapter 20

(It's a long chapter. I hope you enjoy reading it. If you like it, please vote and comment. Please suggest me if you notice any mistake in spelling and grammar. Love you all- Fspinkey.) 

-Nathan-

"Though she said that she had to study, she started chatting on her cell phone after I left her room. She was talking in her native tongue so, I couldn't understand anything. But her heart beat was fast. After the call, I heard her sniffle. May be she was crying. My wolf was so agitated because of her crying." Zach rubs his chest with his right hand as if he is still feeling the pain.

I understand it. Being unable to stay closer to one's mate makes the beast restless. The beast becomes rebellious at one point being unable to mate. Poor Zach!

We are in the pack house's office. There's a pile of files in front of him on his desk but he's not even bothering himself to cast a glance at those. I don't know when and how I entered Zach's closest circle of friends and people. I am even appointed as one of his advisors and the new beta of our pack Nelson is totally okay with me. Moreover he is behaving better than before. I think I am the first omega in history to get into the closest circle of an Alpha.

I can't describe the complex feeling of staying closer to the Alpha as an omega. My wolf feels so secured like I am inside a hard shell and nothing can harm me. Though I feel a constant flow of energy from the alpha which is keeping my wolf healthy and energetic, the flow is just too much for me to handle most of the times. Sometimes I feel suffocated. Only the Beta who's strength is next to Alpha is able to handle the pressure of the flow and is able to adapt himself in it. So Nelson can stay so close to Zach, then the third-in-command Rex Hayley and after that my mate Emilia. I'm not supposed to get this much closer to my Alpha. After all I'm a lowly omega in the pack and he is the royal Alpha. I believe that I am here because of our next Luna and my friend Fima. She is the one who has the most adaptability to Zach's power as she is the Luna, the only mate of the Alpha Zach.

At this moment, I am looking at Zach who holds this overwhelming Alpha power but acts childish most of the times. His attention is wandering somewhere else.

"Should I keep a bug in her room and record all her chitchats and find someone to translate them for me?" he seems like he's in a deep thought. His eyebrows are slightly knitted.

That's called stalking but how can I say it to him?

"Dude, that's called stalking, you know?" Nelson says.

I thank him in my heart.

"Then what should I do? She is acting strange. She is ignoring me more." Zach says.

"Isn't it usual?" he grins at Zach but winks at me. He is mocking at our Alpha.

Zach's face gets red and he frowns deeply. I feel the pressure around me. So I quickly say, "Don't worry. Give her a little time and also space to think clearly. You told us that she was talking about marriage. Isn't it good that you two get married soon? We'll get our Luna legally. You two are mates. Sooner or later you have to get married. So give it a serious thought."

The pressure in the air cools down. I sigh.

Rex snorts. He doesn't seem to like me. It's hard for him to accept an omega as an advisor to the alpha. He's a year older than me and has a stern face and stern personality. He has pledged his wolf to serve Alpha Zach. But he is a little bit irritated due to Zach's decision of joining music band leaving pack duties. And his irritation has increased due to his decision of making me an advisor. And now there's another trouble has been added. The trouble of a certain human Luna. We are not allowed to expose ourselves in front of her and it's hard for the werewolves. Zach is not going anywhere with his decision about her. He's neither marking her or claiming her and declaring her as our Luna nor is he rejecting her. He's just going round and round in a maze.