Chapter 28

(Dear readers, today's chapter is not as long as previous chapters. I don't know what you'll feel about this chapter. Whatever you feel, please comment and let me know. Your comment can help me improve my writing. Lots of love to you. -Fspinkey) 

-Fima-

Zach got injured and others died! What just happened? Who died? And... and how are my children?

My inside is being crashed by a storm of pain. What happened to them? How are they?

I've locked my room's door and I'm lying on the bed. I press a pillow on my mouth so that no one can hear me crying. I start to rub my womb. It feels so empty. I wish I could take my children back inside my womb and keep them with me forever. I wish I could touch that man again and get embraced by him once again. I cry so hard remembering them.

I want to go to see them right now. But I can't go. I have already left them.

He betrayed me. He lied to me. He hid from me the fact that he is a beast, a devil.

(Six years back again)

-Fima-

After leaving Dasan's house, I come to live with Riko temporarily. It was hard for me to make the decision to leave that house.

After coming here, Riko took care of me. We went on a short study tour. Nathan also joined us. We didn't talk that much but he never left me alone. Sometimes he looked like he was meditating. We both avoided the topic 'Dasan'.

I didn't go to campus for few days and took rest fully. I didn't tell anything to any of my friends. Only Nathan knows the whole situation.

After few days, I start to go to my campus. It's already so cold outside. After attending my classes, I realized I've got tons of studies and projects.

Time to divert my mind and invest it into my study.

I stay alert all the time so that I don't cross path with Zach. I spent more time in library beside my part time job once again.

At the beginning of November, the students of my country held a 'cake festival'. In our country its late autumn and there'll be cake festivals in the villages with the rice, the farmers cultivated in their fields for several months.

The festival is just for fun and our refreshment. We managed a hall in the campus to celebrate and we invited our friends from different countries to join us. I also contributed some money and my labor in the festival. We cooked cakes of different kinds, designs and tastes.

On the day of festival, we wear traditional dresses and arrange the cakes on the desks. On a corner, some guys are singing folk songs of our country. Surprisingly they arranged some musical instruments of our country and playing it so well. There's a screen beside the small stage to show the English meaning of the songs. most of them are younger than me. I recognize one of them named Reza who is also doing his MBA here. It is so nice. I am feeling very happy as I can feel touch of my country inside my heart.

I see Riko, Emma, Eric and Nathan. Mac will join later. I welcome them, give a short description of the festival and offered the cakes to eat.

They enjoy it and say how delicious these are. They also compliment my look. That makes me blush. At the same time, I feel an urge to hear compliment from Zach. I shake my head and take an instrument which has been used as a decoration piece. I play it absent-mindedly. Riko asks me about the instrument.

"It's an Ektara. It has only one string to make sound but it can make beautiful tune. Because of its single string it's called Ektara."