The Letter

A/N: I hit 200 followers today!!!🎉🎉🎉 I said that when I hit this milestone, I'd upload what the letter said. I had this saved in my notes app for a while, so I'm super happy that I finally get to show it. Anyways, enough talk. Here you go.

-~Clementine~-

Dear, Clementine
If you're reading this, I didn't make it back to Ericson's with you. I mean, I honestly never expected to. But I do I hope that you and AJ found out somewhere safe and away from what happened with the Delta.

Words can't describe how much I love you, Clementine. You are the light that made my dark place brighter. Everyday, I'd wake up next to you, thinking "I found the best girl to spend my entire life with". I'm just sorry you didn't get to spend your entire life with me.

I know you may feel lost and empty, but I don't want this to cloud the rest of your life. I want you to be happy with the life you make for yourself. Whether that means finding someone new or not.

All I know is that AJ needs you right now. Please, Clementine. Don't ever give up on him. He can't be alone, especially not now. Raising him without me will be tough, I understand that. But you have to keep him in line and raise him to be better than I ever could be.

The first words I ever said to you were "Please, don't hurt me." But I've never felt so safe when I've been around you. You've always made me feel more than just a kid with one eye. You've made me feel like a protector that you couldn't live without.

I once told you "I'm here to protect us." Well, now it's time you protect yourself and AJ. Trust me, it won't be an easy task. But if I can do it, anyone can.

I'm with you 'till the end, Clem. No matter what, I'll always love you and I'll always keep you safe.

I know I won't be able to do this anymore. But I've been carrying around two wedding rings in my pocket for as long as I can remember. They belonged to my grandparents before they died. When or if you find my body, I want you to have my grandmother's. It's the one with the diamond. I'd also like to be buried with the other ring. I hope you will accept this.

So with that being said... I, Y/N L/N, take you, Clementine Marsh, to be my wife. To have and to hold from this day forward. For better or for worse. For richer, for poorer. In sickness and in health. To love and to cherish. From this day forward...until death do us part.

XOXO~ Y/N

P.S: Make sure AJ keeps the hat on.