Chapter 156: You Will Kill Us

Clementine's POV
You're searching around in your room for a coffee heater. Ruby said that she a party was being planned in the piano room. AJ's drawing a picture at his desk while you search.

You find the coffee heater on the dresser. You pick it up and you put it away.

AJ: I'm done, Clem, come see!

Clem: Okay, be right there.

You walk up to AJ. He shows you his drawing. It has Violet, Omar, and Aasim above an exploding boat. AJ also wrote a caption on it.

Picture: goodbye boat!

Clem: Hey, you're getting better at this. Soon, you'll be as good an artist as Tenn.

AJ: I dunno. He's really good.

AJ looks a bit down for a sec.

Clem: Something wrong?

He doesn't respond.

Clem: AJ?

AJ: I was just thinking about stuff, while I was drawing.

He stands up from his desk and walks over to the dresser.

AJ: There are three kinds of eyes, Clem.

Clem: Oh, yeah?

AJ: There are alive people eyes. He says, turning around. We got those. Then there's monster's eyes. Usually look like dirty water. Other times, monster's eyes aren't even wet. And then there are alive people eyes right as you kill them. Like Y/N did to Abel. His...his eyes looked like he blew a candle out.

AJ turns away.

AJ: He was a bad guy. I know I shouldn't feel like this. I hated him, too. I think there's something wrong with me.

Clem: You know what, AJ? You say, getting on his level. Everything you're feeling is okay. It makes you a good person.

He turns to you.

AJ: Am I good? I want to be better, Clem. Where people know I'm good just by my face.

Clem: You're the best, okay?

AJ walks a short distance away.

AJ: I'm getting real smart.

He stops walking as you stand up.

Clem: Is that right?

AJ: Yes. Because I'm always thinking all the time.

Clem: Okay, what are you thinking about right now? You say, walking up next to him.

AJ: You or Y/N getting bit. Turning into a monster.

You go wide eyed because of his response.

Clem: Oh.

AJ: Yeah.

He turns to you.

AJ: The older I get, the more I see it. I don't know why. What happens then? Anyone can get bit. Doesn't matter if you're inside or outside or how careful you are.

Clem: AJ, we've talked about this. A lot. If either Y/N or me gets bit, you know what has to happen.

AJ: I don't want to talk about this anymore. He says, turning away.

Clem: But you brought it up, so we're going to.

AJ: It does something weird to my stomach. Like I'm gonna get the dookies.

You walk out in front of AJ and you sigh.

Clem: AJ, I need to know you remember what we talked about. You say, getting on his level. What you're supposed to do if it happens.