Chapter 61: What's Best

Clem's POV
You, Bonnie, Mike, and Vince found the museum. You all crouch walk over behind a bush. You scope out the area, to see a two walkers waiting outside the museum.

Bonnie: I guess that's the place there.

Mike: Fuck. It's a wreck.

Bonnie: You ain't even been inside yet!

Mike: Just look at it! Glass all blown out, walkers hanging around...

Vince: Well, no way to find out until we go and check it out for ourselves.

Clem: Maybe we can still find something?

Mike: Yeah. Maybe. Sorry. I just really want sticking with y'all to work out. And it's been hard so far.

Vince: How about you make it up to us by helping out with those walkers up there?

Mike: Yeah, alright.

Clem: Jane showed me and Y/N a good way to attack them. If you take out a knee, they always fall, and then you can stab them in the back of the neck.

Mike: A good smack to the head's always done fine for me.

You all approach the walkers. Mike smacks the first walker in the face with his hammer, killing it. Mike approaches the second walker and hits it in the back of the head, but it doesn't kill it.

Mike: Oh, crap!

The walker turns around and Mike smacks it in the face with his hammer, finally killing it.

Mike turns around.

You, Vince, and Bonnie walk over to Mike.

Clem: So the knee is about halfway down the leg.

Vince laughs

Mike: Yeah, okay.

Bonnie: Let's do this before more of 'em show up.

You all enter the museum.

Bonnie: Watch out for the broken glass...it's all over.

Clem: Okay.

Mike stops walking and turns to the group.

Mike: Somebody's already been through here. Guess that's not a surprise. Still...might be something worthwhile left. Let's check it out.

Clem: We need to look fast, so we can get back to the others.

Mike: Let's just make a sweep.

Mike walks towards an information booth.

Mike: I really don't wanna go back empty-handed.

You walk around and you find an old Civil War coat. You pick up the coat and you turn to Bonnie.

Clem: Hey, look at this! An old coat!

Bonnie: Nice! Good find, Clem. You should hang onto that. It's gonna get a lot colder before it starts getting warmer. And SOMEONE could use it.

Clem: Maybe I could give it to Rebecca.

Bonnie: That's a good idea... I'm sure she'll really appreciate it. I guess you've already got that old coat I gave you. I feel so bad about everything that happened. Hopefully you won't always think of me like that. Not that I'd blame you if you did. I haven't always used the best...judgement.

Clem: It seems like you're with us now. That's what matters most.

Mike and Vince walk over to you and Bonnie.