Chapter 66: No Going Back

You grab Clem and you dive, making sure that she doesn't get shot. You look up to see Arvo resuscitating his sister. Your ears are ringing.

Mike gets shot in the arm as he enters your field of view.

Mike: Shit. I'm hit. I'm hit!

Bonnie: Mike, get over here!

You look at a short stone wall, to see Luke shooting at the people in the woods.

Luke: Kids!

Luke gets back into cover.

You look over to see one of the Russians crawling back, while shooting his pump action shotgun, and shouting in Russian. You shoot him in the head.

Kenny uses a tree as cover, as he shoots at one of the Russians.

Kenny: Fuck you! You started this shit!

The Russian that Kenny is shooting at, uses a rock for cover and shoots at Kenny with his AK-47, and shouts at him in Russian.

You look over to see the baby on the floor, crying. You stand up, and you hall ass over to the baby. You pick him up and you run back over to Clem.

You: Come on! We have to get in cover!

Clem stands up and you both get into cover by the short stone wall, right across from Luke.

Luke: Holy shit. I didn't even see him out there. Good work, Y/N.

Luke aims back over at the trees, but ducks back when someone shoots at him.

Luke: Shit. Okay...okay, we gotta do somethin', y'all. We're pinned down here. We can't just...sit here and let this guy take potshots at us 'til he runs outta ammo. We gotta do somethin'.

You: Just stay down! You'll get shot!

Luke: We can't just sit here.

Kenny: This don't have to get any worse than it already is! You can just go!

The man that Kenny's shooting at, yells back in Russian.

Kenny: English, motherfucker!

Man: I kill every one of you!

Luke: If I can just get over to that side of the wall, I could maybe get an angle on this guy. Cover me, alright? Just shoot over towards the woods. It'll give him something to think about. Just long enough for me to make it over there.

Clem: Yeah, okay.

You: Yeah, we'll cover you.

Luke: Good. Good. I just need the distraction. Okay? Alright, on my go.

He waits a few seconds.

Luke: Go!

You and Clem get out of cover and start shooting at the rock. Luke gets out of cover and begins to crouch walk over to you and Clem. Kenny takes not of this.

Kenny: Hey! What're you...

The man shoots Luke in the leg and he screams in pain, as he falls over to your side of cover. He crawls back up against the short stone wall. He holds onto his leg, in pain.

Luke: Arrgh! Shit, shit!

Clem: Luke! I'm sorry!

You: Shit, man! We should've--

Luke: It ain't your fault. Well, he got me in the leg, but...I think...I think it went straight though....shit. I don't know. Aarrrgh! I'm gonna be fine...I think I'm gonna be fine.