Chapter 164: Humanity

A/N: This chapter was inspired by the movie Hacksaw Ridge. (Not payed to say that) Also, this isn't a very long chapter.

Your POV
You're still limping through the woods. You can hear the growls of walkers nearby. Still no sign of the group. You hope to god that Clementine's with AJ. If AJ was alone, something bad would most definitely happen to him.

You hear a twig snap and you look around to see no one. You hear another one and you look over to see three Delta soldiers.

Raider 1: Man, this sucks.

One of them spots you.

Raider 2: Hey, it's one of the kids!

You take out one of the smoke grenades you pull the pin. You drop the grenade and you get hidden by the smoke.

The smoke clears out and the soldiers can't see you anymore.

Raider 3: Where the hell did he go?

The start walking off with their rifles drawn.

You're watching this from behind a tree. They walk far enough away for you to be safe.

You lean your head back on the tree in relief. You hear some panting coming from your right. You slowly look over to see a wounded Delta soldier look at you in fear.

You look at his wound and you see that he was shot. You start getting close to him, but he starts trying to fight back.

You whisper: It's okay...

Raider: No, NO!

You whisper: Stop! You say, grabbing onto his wrists. It's okay, it's okay.

The soldier calms down, but he's still afraid.

You reach into your back pocket. The raider thinks that it's some sort of weapon, but comes to a conclusion when you pull out a bandage.

The raider watches as you cover the wound with the bandage and you put pressure on it. You take his hand you place it on the bandage.

You whisper: Keep pressure on it.

The raider looks at you with so much confusion.

You pull out the morphine you found.

You whisper: I'm gonna give you some morphine, okay?

He nods.

You take off the cap and you place the needle on his arm.

You whisper: Shh...

The raider closes his eyes as you inject him with morphine. His breathing eases, letting you know that the pain is leaving.

You whisper: Good...good...

Raider whisper: Why're you helping me?

You whisper: A: you're not trying to kill me. B:...to show you that you were fighting for the wrong side.

Raider whisper: ...Thank you.

You nod.

You're about to walk away.

Raider: Wait.

You look at the raider.

Raider: What's your name...?

You: Y/N...

Raider: ...Andrew.

You: Nice to meet you.

You're about to walk away again.

Raider: A caravan group.

You look at him with confusion.

You: What?

Raider: There's a caravan group. Not too far from here... When you get done with whatever you're doing...they could use some help.

You nod.

You: Thanks... Stay safe.

Raider: You too.

You stand up and you limp away from the raider.