Unexpected

"Alice! Allen got first rank in the class! First rank, yay!"  The bowl-haired man ran towards his sister as soon as he got home from getting his report card.

Alice smiles in the corridor and immediately caught her brother happily.  She carried Allen in both hands.  "Really, Allen?"

Allen nods frequently and points to the report card in his hand.  "Really, Sis! Look here! The teacher said Allen is first for this semester!"

"Aww, how smart my brother is! Then, would you want a present?"  asked Alice, smiling pleasantly.  "I'll give you whatever gift you want."

"Yaaay!"  said Allen shouted happily.  "In that case-"

"Hey, before you guys talking about presents, go wash your feet, do your homework, come on! Brett will come to teach Allen soon, right?"  said Alice's Mom coming from the front door.

"Oh yeah!"  Allen got off from Alice's arms.  He immediately pulled his sister's hand excitedly.  "Come on, Sis, come with Allen!"

Alice just laughed and obeyed her brother.  Today is indeed the day of his private studying.  Brett should have taken a day off from teaching him because his younger brother had received his report card, but Allen nagged him to keep Brett coming.  He said it was really fun studying with the man.

Allen immediately went to the bathroom upstairs to wash his feet with Alice.  While doing that, Allen stomps his feet to the puddle, laughing as he makes some water sounds.

"Hey, don't play with the water, Allen," Alice said, grinning.  "You're going to make me get wet too."

Allen laughs.  "It's fun, Sis!"

"Come on, the other leg."  said Alice after shaking her head. She took the ladle and poured the water down Allen's feet, letting his brother clean it.

After they're done, the two of them went to the living room.  Allen prepares his pencil case, homework book and the paper birds that Brett made in the past.  Since that day, they always accompanying him to study.

Alice sat beside Allen with a smile.  "Allen really loves the paper birds, huh?"

Allen nods.  "They made Allen want to study more and moreee."

Alice laughs at her brother's innocent answer.  "Do you want me to teach you how to make paper boats sometime?"

"Oh, Allen have studied that, Sis, at school," said Allen, smiling.  "We can make it together later!"

Alice nods.  "But Allen must study well. Okay?"

"If Allen study with Brett, Allen wilp definitely smart, Sis. The top rank is the proof. Hehehe."

"Aww, you,"  Alice strokes Allen's hair fondly.  Her little brother is so cute.

"Sis, let's go to the park again! Can I ask that for my present?"  said Allen.

"The park?"  asked Alice, confused.

Allen nods quickly.  "The park that we went together with Brett, Sis! Can we, can we?"

Alice smiles.  "Alright then, we'll go there later."

"Yay!"  Allen cheers.

"What's wrong?"  Brett casually appear, enters the living room with a smile. Looks like he just got here.

"Brett!!"  Allen immediately got up and approached him happily.  "Guess who wins the first rank on class today?"

Brett leveled his height with Allen and brushed his hair.  "It must be Allen. Your Mom told me earlier."

"Ahhh, that's no fun! Allen wanted to give you a surprise."  Instantly his lips puffed out.

Brett laughs. He immediately pick up Allen and spun him in the air.  "It's okay, Allen is just the best!"

Allen immediately laughs hysterically feeling the breeze as soon as he was lifted.

Alice joins the laugh as she saw the joy from the both of them.  "Come on Allen, what do you have to say to Brett?"

"Thank you so much, Brett, for teaching Allen!"  said Allen immediately happily in his arms.

Brett smiles at Allen.  He strokes Allen's hair once more, then looked at Alice.  "Hey."

Alice nods her head.  "Hey, Brett. Sorry you have to come on the holidays like this."

Brett shakes his head.  He walks over to the table.  He put Allen next to Alice, then he also sat next to them.  "I love it when your brother becomes passionate about studying because of me."

Alice smiles at that.

"Besides, I'm really happy being here,"  said Brett again making Alice stare at him in surprised. But the latter just lifts the boy again, like nothing happened.

What does he mean by that?

However, Brett only smiled back and immediately began teaching without saying another word to her.

Alice immediately averts her face, feeling her cheeks hot at Brett's words.  Brett loves being here? Is it because of her?  Ah, no, no.  Don't think about it, Alice! It can't be.

During Brett and Allen's studying, Alice just stare at them in silence.  Occasionally she joined in, but still in Brett's lead.

Alice couldn't ask for a better sight than this. Seeing Brett and Allen get along together is a joy in itself.

They study for about an hour.  When they're finished, Allen immediately clean up his belongings again.

"Sis?"  Allen speaks.  "Now let's go to the park!"

Alice stared at Allen in surprise.  "Wait, what? N-Now?"

Allen nods quickly.  "Why not? Allen wants to go with Brett too!"

Eh?! O-Okay... I didn't expected this, I haven't prepared for this, but-

Instantly Alice's mind became malfunctional hearing Allen's words.

Brett smiles seeing Allen's enthusiasm, then do the same to her too. "It... It will be fun to go together again."

"A-Ah..." Alice can barely spoke to the two of them. Her body slowly felt nervous.

"Come on, Sis!" Allen starts to wiggle his sister's hand, begging her to accept his wish.

Alice chuckles nervously, then looked at the both of them with a red face. "O-Okay then. Let's go."

To be continued :)