Jealousy

"Dad,"  Ellie walked over to her papa who was still working at his desk.

Ellie's Dad turns and smiles.  "Uh, what's wrong, princess? Come here with me."

Ellie sat in a chair near her Dad, feels uncertain. She felt unwilling to ask her Dad about this, but...

"Sorry if Ellie is being presumptuous, Dad, but... is it true that Brett's Mom died because his own Dad killed her?"  asked Ellie fearfully.  Honestly, she couldn't believe it either.  As long as she knows him, Brett's Dad was very good to her.

Ellie's Dad accidentally hit the table at what his daughter said.
He sighed and stared at Ellie intensely.  "How do you know about that?"

"Uh..." Ellie felt her body trembles, she's shocked by the reaction.  She never saw her Dad that angry.  "S-So it's true?"

Her Dad tries to hold back his emotions at Ellie's question.

"Just tell me, Dad. Ellie's all right."  Ellie's face looked pitiful. Although she certainly felt this wasn't what she wanted, but at least this was someone's wish she wanted to be happy with.

"You don't need to know anything about it, Ellie. The most important thing is you're close now to Brett, right?" Ellie's Dad strokes his daughter's head affectionately.

Ellie silents for a moment at her Dad's words.  "This isn't what Ellie wanted, Dad."

"What do you mean?" He gave her a confused look.  "You wanted Brett to realize your feelings, didn't you? I've helped you."

Ellie shakes her head.  "Not like this, Dad. Ellie did say Ellie was tired of being ignored. But Ellie didn't want to be close to Brett in the wrong way. Your relationship with Brett's Dad was involved in this marriage, right?"

Ellie's Dad snorted.  Who told Ellie about this?  It turns out that stupid family has no gratitude.

"Alright then. Because you already know, I'll tell you."  Ellie's Dad stroked his daughter's hair again affectionately.  "But promise not to be angry, okay?"

Ellie nods.  "Ellie won't be mad, Pa. What's the matter?"

"So fourteen years ago..."

---

The orchestra rehearsal got a quite treatment from thr members ever since the conductor arrived at the hall. He just announced that there will be more concert in the next few months.  They will play Edward Elgar's Nimrod.

Alice smiles from her seat.  It's one of her favorite piece.  She can't wait to show it to the audience.

Eddy took the concertmaster position this time.  Brett was appointed to be his assistant.  Well, it's okay, Brett could use some break time.

Everyone was serious about reading the notation on their respective stands in front of them until the rehearsal was dissolved.  Mastering the piece is always their first priority.

"Hey, do you want to go home together?"  Caca approaches Alice.  "Let's go to the cafe for a bit if you have time!"

Alice smiles.  "Oh, how about tomorrow, Caca? I have a promise with Brett today to learn the violin."

Caca smiles back.  "So how is it going now? Like the violin and the bow? Or clarinet with the mouthpiece?"

Alice's cheeks flushed red.  "What nonsense of you, Caca. Me and Brett are just really good friends."

Caca laughs.  "Okay, I'll go home first! Bye!"

Alice waves her hand as Caca left the hall.  Her friend was always happy to tease her.