Ellie's and Alice's Little Heart

Ellie is going for an errand today, regarding her Dad wants her to buy him some monthly stock in the supermarket.

As she look at the shopping list and grab whatever she finds that fits with it, Ellie couldn't bare to not think about Eddy's confession last night.

It was so sudden, yet warmed her heart for a second.

---

"I have loved you since high school too." Eddy's hand still stroking Ellie's head. A smile appears on his face.

Ellie was nothing but shocked for the sudden confession. She looked at him in the eyes, as he did the same.

"....You...do?" was the only sentence that could Ellie let out.

Eddy nodded. "That's why I was so pissed Brett didn't care about you. That's why I punched him for you. That's why... I always tried... to be there for you."

Ellie looked to the ground for a moment, almost couldn't believe what she heard. Of course, she knew that Eddy always there for her from the start, but she didn't expect that reason came out from him.

"You don't need to answer me, El. I know you still hanging on to your feelings for Brett, right?" Eddy said again, realizing Ellie didn't look at him for quite a while. "I'm just saying it to relief my shoulders."

Ellie glanced to him again. She smiled. "I'm not saying that I rejected you because of him. But... May I answer that some other time?"

Eddy silents, then looked away. He pulled back his hand. "Yeah, sure. Anytime, actually. I have been holding in for years, a few days or even months won't hurt."

Ellie pats his shoulder. "Hey, that's not what I meant. Um..."

Eddy glanced back to her, but didn't say anything.

Ellie smiled. She reached out her pinky to him. "I promise I won't be long."

Eddy looked at her pinky for a moment and let out a sigh. He finally hooked his pinky to her with a smile.

---

Ellie felt bad to not answer to him back then. It's not that she doesn't like him, but she felt that she couldn't start a relationship when she's just letting someone she loved go with another girl. Won't that will be bad for Eddy, too?

Ellie wanted to make sure about her feelings once more. Does she really liking him just because she ows him big time for surviving through her pain?

For an instant, she remembered the time when she talks about the novels to him, and played together too. To be honest, happiness was what she felt. She was suffering so long from her love life and Eddy was the first one who comforted her again. Because of that, Ellie always tried to do the same to him. Making him happy, to make sure nobody would experienced what she had felt. But...

Does that mean she loved him?

"Ouch!" Ellie suddenly bumped into someone else as she daydreams through her path.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Are you... Wait.... Ellie?" that person talks to her.

Ellie looks at that person and is equally surprised. What a coincidence.

"Alice?" Ellie said with a doubt. "You're that Alice right? Brett's orchestra mate?"

Alice nods. "Uh, hi, Ellie. Nice to see you again."

Ellie smiles. "Yeah. I didn't expected to meet you here. How have you been?"

"It's fine, I guess," said Alice. "Uh... How about you?"