Eddy's Feelings

"Dad!"

Eddy and Ellie finally met up with her Dad again at the cafe after they finished playing. Her Dad glance to them and smiles.

"Have you both enjoy your time?" asked Ellie's Dad. He's still with his laptop there.

"Yeah! It was fun! We played hard on the arcade!" Ellie said with a happy voice.

"I had fun too, Sir, Ellie's a good competitor on the arcades," Eddy grins. "She's a good arcade player."

"No wonder, she always play those games," said Ellie's Dad while tidying his laptop. "Good to know you have been a good friend for her too, son."

Eddy flinched a moment then smiles. The word "friend" seems like have an effect to him now. "Y-Yeah, thank you, Sir. I'm doing my best."

"Hey, what's all the sudden formal situation? This is like a dozen times you two met, right?" Ellie look at the two of them strangely.

Ellie's Dad chuckles and strokes her daughter's hair. "Sorry, sorry. Now what do you say we go the barbeque place?"

"Yay! Come on, come on! I'm hungry!" Ellie said with enthusiasm.

The three of them leave the cafe and go to a all you can eat barbeque place, not too far from the cafe. Ellie's Dad inviting Eddy and Ellie to eat as much as they can, the most important thing for him is that that two children eat well.

In just a few minutes, they already have a bunch of beef and chicken slices, and some soup with meatballs, dumplings and vegetables.

"Let me help you cook it," Eddy volunteer when Ellie and her Dad starts to cook the meats.

They both smile. The three of them make a team work for the cooking and eat as they chat about their daily lifes.

This is quite a familiar situation for Eddy, since he already accompany Ellie for a while. He bumped to her Dad a bunch of times while doing that, as Ellie said. A feeling of pleasant grew within him during this lunch time.

---

Towards the evening, in a beautiful park on the mall's complex, the two young humans stroll slowly, looking at the street lights that starts to glow, beautify the scene.

Ellie's Dad needed to see some clients inside, so Eddy invited Ellie to just chill there as they enjoys the view.

"Aww, that's cute!" Ellie smiles seeing a little dog just passing by with the owner. Looks like they are in a daily walk.

Eddy smiles. "Yeah. It's so nice and peaceful here."

Ellie chuckles and look at Eddy. "Thanks, Ed, for inviting me here."

"I guess the thanks is all to you," said Eddy, drowning his hands to his pockets again. "We won't be hanging out like this if you didn't invite me in the first place."

Ellie smiles widely. "There's a swing ahead, do you want to chill there?"

Eddy nods. Whatever she wanted to do, is always what he wanted to do. Yeah, Eddy is that in love.

They both walk to the swing up ahead. It's a wide swing for two people. Around it is a a bush decorated with flowers.

Eddy and Ellie sit there together and just look at the sky silently as they lean back to the swing

Eddy and Ellie sit there together and just look at the sky silently as they lean back to the swing. The slow movement of the swing makes them feel a breeze going through their skin.

Somehow Eddy felt nervous as he sits there. He hesitants to glance to the girl, but felt happy to sit this close. The swing is as wide as both of their bodies, obviously makes them almost don't havea sitting gap.

"Hey, Ellie?" Eddy calls out without averted his gaze from the sky.

"Yeah?" Ellie glances to him.

"May I ask you something?"

Ellie lifts her eyebrows. "What's up?"

"When you fight your feelings... for Brett," Eddy said intermittently. "Have you ever thought about quitting? I mean, you've loved him since high school, haven't you?"

"Oh..." Ellie's voice seems weaken from his question. She averted her face and look back to the sky. "I guess not...?"

"Really?" asked Eddy again. He's the one glancing to her now. "Even thought you knew Brett never had the intention to get to know you?"

"Well... I thought I have the courage, Ed," said Ellie. "I just followed the part of my little heart that always screamed about him. And I just conciously stays with him, whether he loved me or not."

Eddy silents.

"I wasn't thinking right when I seek help to my Dad about this," Ellie continues. "But I have to admit, I have to thank his Dad's doing. I get to know he loved someone else because of that."

"I see..."

"But all is clear now, so we don't have to worry anymore, right?" Ellie smiles at him.

"You don't want Brett to know about your feelings?" asked Eddy S he looked back.

"He knew already," Ellie looked down a bit. "He accepted it, at least with a thank you."

"Oh... you told him, huh." Eddy said. His voice got unclear bit by bit. His tone weaken.

"What's wrong, Eddy?" asked Ellie. "Why do you ask this ¹so suddenly?"

Eddy looked at back at Ellie and smiles. His hand pats Ellie's head softly. "N-Nah. I'm just curious."

"Why?"

"Because..." Eddy said with another muffled voice, still with his hand on her head.

He looked down for a moment before he finally continues as he looked at Ellie in the eyes. "...Because I loved you since high school too."

To be continued :)

How do you think Ellie will respond? HEHEHEHE