Go Away

Alice sighs seeing black bags in Brett's eyes as the man came into the hall.  Something must have happened again when he returned from his Mom's new home.

Honestly, Alice felt confused for a long time. She understood that there was always something he didn't want to tell anyone about behind his face.  And Alice herself was worried about him.

But, do I have the rights to worry about him?

Alice daydreamed a bit in the rehearsals. Speaking of Brett, it's less than a month, huh.  Maybe soon enough, it will not be the same again.  Brett always said he was against the marriage, however, could it be stopped?

After finishing rehearsal, Alice intends to ask him what's going on. But her intentions is postponed when someone appeared to be blocking her way.

Alice silents in her place.  She grip her clarinet case and stare at the man with tension.  "Uh... Eddy, right? What's up?"

Eddy seemed silent with his hands in his pockets, all that could be heard is his breathing.

Alice slightly lower her head at the silence.  "Uh, Did I do something wrong?"

Brett seemed to notice Alice and Eddy's conversation from where he sits.  He stare flatly at Eddy who seems to continue staring at her.  What is he up to?

Eddy sighs.  "You and Brett caused a lot of trouble for Ellie, you know that?"

Alice fell silent hearing that. She lower her head even more.  She knew that well.  But...

"....Why don't you two just... go away?"  A one breath sentence came out from Eddy's mouth with a flash.

Alice look back at Eddy with fear.  Alice's hands clenched into fists, gripping her clarinet case even more.  She bit her lip, swallows the sentence with no answer.

However, Eddy didn't care.  He immediately left Alice, took his violin and went home.  Letting his threat pierce Alice's heart. 

Alice's head bowed back. It was such a sharp sentence to her feeling. It hurts, but it's true. She can't deny that.

Brett immediately ran with his violin to Alice after Eddy left. "Alice, are you okay?"

Alice look at Brett with a faint smile. "That's my line you know."

"Eh? I'm all right," said Brett, confused.  "What did Eddy say to you?"

Alice shook her head, refused to tell him.  "Let's go home. Allen will be finished soon."

Alice walks ahead, not waiting for Brett's reply.  The boy followed Alice from behind in silence.

"Alice!!"  Allen as usual, ran cheerfully into Alice's arms.  He turns to Brett.  "Hello, Brett!"

Brett smiles a little.  "Hey, Allen. Happy with your tutor times?"

Allen nods his head.  "It's even more fun because Allen get to see Alice and Brett after the tutor!"

Alice smiles while carrying Allen.  She turns back to Brett.  "Are you sure you're okay?"

Brett nods with a smile.  "How about you?"

Alice fell silent, averted her face for a moment because she didn't want to answer.  "I'll go home first, Brett."

"Uh-" Brett held Alice's steps.  He lowers his head.

"What?"  Alice frowned.

It was Brett's turn that was silent in his place, but he decided to shake his head.  "Nothing, sorry."

Alice fell silent too.  Her mind couldn't help thinking what he really wanted to say.  Worry was haunting her even more.

"What's wrong, Brett?"  Finally, Allen took over. 

However, Alice remained silent.  The little boy gave Brett a sour look.  "Brett, don't be sad!"

Brett look at Allen in confusion.  He couldn't possibly trouble Allen either.  His heart became more and more unsettled when he had to involve more people in his problems.

In fact, he had been thinking about doing something last night.  He thought he could at least tell Alice.  But suddenly he changed his mind.

No. I have to finish this myself.

"Smile please, Brett!"  Allen spoke again.  "If you smile, you will be happy!"

Brett look at Alice's brother with a small smile.  "Don't worry, Allen. Brett will smile."

Alice joined in the smile, as if she was hypnotized by Brett's.  "Let's go home. If there's anything, just let me know, Brett."

Brett nods. He stare at the back of both of them blankly.

He let out a harsh sigh, his hands clenched into fists after his two precious people disappeared from his sight.

I will do it.

As he walks toward his car, he made up his mind.  He glances at his phone for a moment, pondering at the photo gallery of his family.

Brett hit the gas afterwards, driving his car away to where all the criminals were arrested.

"I'm sorry... Dad."

To be continued :)

How was it?