Alice's Plan

TING TONG!

Eddy immediately ran from upstairs and opened the door as soon as he heard the doorbell ring.

"Hey, Eddy."  Ellie seemed to be smiling behind the door.  She carried two lunchboxes in her hands.

"Ellie?"  Eddy raises his eyebrows.  "What are you doing here?"

"Dad will be out late, so I was thinking about playing with you until he gets back," said Ellie with a grin.  She shows the lunchboxes she's carrying. "I've brought you some lunch too."

Eddy quickly shows a happy smile.  He held his heart from bursting  happiness.  "Come on in."

The two of them enter the house.  Eddy led Ellie into the living room, to put the food that she brought.  Then they went upstairs to Eddy's study room.

"Are you busy?"  asked Ellie, while climbing upstairs.

"No, I'm just looking for some inspiration," said Eddy.  "Maybe you want to help me."

Ellie chuckles. "Sure."

Eddy opens the table lamp in his study table.  Well actually, it's a multifunction room.  It's spacious but he just placed his desk, computer and bookcase in there so he can spend most of the day there when he works. He really loves the quite atmosphere.

"How are you, El?"  asked Eddy, sitting in his study chair.

Ellie sat down next to him and frowned.  "What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean," Eddy smiles.

Ellie smiles back, then slightly look away.  "Everything's fine, Ed."

"Really?"  asked Eddy to make sure.  "You won't lie to me again, will you?"

Ellie stare at him and shake her head. "No more fake smile, Eddy. I promise."

Eddy strokes Ellie's head lightly.  "Good girl then."

"Ahhh, don't do that, Eddy!"  Ellie complained as soon as Eddy messed up her hair.

But Eddy just laughs.  "Brett is so stupid to miss the opportunity to do this everyday to you."

"Hey, don't be like that," said Ellie as she fix her hair again.  "He just had that opportunity with Alice. That's all."

"I can see you still love him," said Eddy with a chuckle.  He did make fun of it on purpose.

"Well, it's only been a while, right?"  Ellie answers.  She turned her face.  There was a few moments of silence before she spoke again, "....But I'll admit I can only survive until now... because of you."

Eddy's cheeks flushed secretly.  "You always will, Ellie. I guarantee that."

---

Alice smiles to see that Brett could smile again after he sipped the bubble tea she bought for him.  She always knew that delicious milk tea could get rid of sadness.

"Feel better?"  asked Alice who sat in front of him.

Brett nods.  "Thanks, Alice. You sure know bubble tea is my only moodbooster."

Alice was taken aback for a moment.  "I didn't know about that."

Brett chuckles. "It doesn't matter now."

Alice just smiles, watching every inch of Brett's face, who seemed to really enjoy his bubble tea.

After they finished, they went straight home from there.  Brett escorts Alice home as usual, to her doorstep.