Love

Hello! I composed another piece for this chapter's theme 🎵 (Well it's  the first scene actually🤣)

"The Person I Love"
featuring Brett (Violins), Alice (Clarinet), Allen (Glockenspiel).

Hope you enjoy!

---

Allen cheered happily in the backyard while enjoying the fresh air that afternoon. He danced in the middle of the bubbles he and Alice blew.

"There's so many!"  Allen cheered, then occasionally touched a small bubble nearby to burst it. Laughter immediately come out when the bubble burst out.

"Be careful, Allen!"  exclaimed Alice, while blowing bubbles for her brother.

Alice smiles seeing her brother so happy.  Every now and then he was allowed to play around like this, after all he had done his homework well.

"Wow, you guys seems having fun,"  Someone appeared, opening the backyard door.

Alice and Allen immediately turned their heads.  Allen immediately ran and shouted loudly.

"Yay! Brett is coming to play!"  His feet immediately runs to the man and asked him to carry his little body.

Brett laughs and picks up Allen.  His hand strokes Allen's hair.  "Aww, you little boy! So cute!"

Alice rose from her seat and looked at Brett in confusion.  "Since when did you come?"

"Just now. I had an errand this morning so I thought I'll visit." Brett smiles at Alice.

"Oh," Alice answered curtly, then looked away.  She secretly smiles.

"Come on, let's play together, Brett! Alice is making soooooo many soap bubbles!"  said Allen excitedly.

Brett chuckles, then looked at Alice silently.

"You're welcome to join if you want."  said Alice, invites him.

Brett nods. "Sure."

Allen got out from Brett's arms and pulls his hand. Brett follows him and sit with Alice while watching him dance. They both sat side by side on the side of the wooden terrace.

"How's Allen's tutor?"  asked Brett curiously.

"He's a lot better thanks to your teachings, Brett, thanks."  Alice answers while looking at her brother.

"Oh, that's good," Brett smiled with relief. "Maths tutoring can be hard sometimes, but he can do it. I'm sure."

Alice just smiles at Brett's very supportive words.  No wonder Allen likes him so much.

Silence began to pass between them, Alice blowing her soap bubbles silently, while Brett only watches her.

"Uh," Brett cleared his throat after a long silence.  "You know... Ellie confesses to me, Alice."

That made Alice stares at Brett.  She looked at the man's face for a moment, then looked away again. She blew some bubbles, before she answers again. "Oh really?"

Brett silents seeing her reaction, then looked at Allen who's still playing.  "But I rejected her."

Alice reflexively turned to look at Brett, being speechless to his words.

"She knows I've never had the same feelings for her," Brett said without looking at Alice.  "So she let me go..."

And I admit to her that I have someone, thought Brett. Of course he hesitants, to let those words out.