Ending

Is this really you, the one that makes my heart always fluttering with butterflies?

Brett and Alice were still trapped in the frozen time, both of them lets their heartbeats accelerate as their eyes savored each other's flaws. As if that peaceful night seemed to belong to both of them.

Brett slowly helps Alice to stand up straight again without letting his hands from her. He pulls Alice's hips, while Alice corrects her feet to stand. It didn't take long until Alice was saved from the fall but instead accidentally pulled closer to Brett because of his hands helping her.

"Uh-" Alice and Brett almost jumped in unison when the girl unintentionally pulled in to Brett's arms, letting her head lean to his shoulder. Intending to release the incredible scene between them, they continued them instead because they basically embraces each other instead. Destiny surely played with them in the meantime.

After a few seconds, they both slowly release each other and still stare to the face. Their cheeks getting hot from all the scheme.

"I-I.... A-Are you o-okay, Alice?" asked Brett. His voice double cracked with his body still trembling.

"Y-Yeah, I... Uh, thank y-you, Brett," Alice with the same voice.

"Y-You didn't get hurt, did you?" He looked at Alice from head to feet.

Alice shook her head quickly. "No. I'm... I'm fine, Brett. R-Really."

"Really? Nothing's wrong?" Brett makes sure once again. He didn't evwn know why he suddenly more panic than usual.

Alice nods. "Y-Yeah."

"Thank goodness," Brett smiles sweetly to her. He puts his hands to his pockets to help his trembles.

Alice looks at Brett silently. Her mind can't stop thinking about how great he looks right now.

Why? Alice never really care about appearance. She only knows that Brett should be happy with his life and she think he did. A point plus for him is just he's so nice to her and her family. But this time is different. She realize a different side of him, which makes her warmer than usual around him.

Brett looks down a bit to take a breathe, before he voiced again to Alice. "Um... then, shall we go, to the balcony?"

---

Now Alice and Brett are sitting side by side on the terrace of Alice's room, staring at the sky in silence.

Both of them seemed still embarrassed by the incident just now. Alice and Brett lower their heads, still imagining how it was like staring at each other in that position. Neither Alice nor Brett didn't seem dare to sit too close after their respective hearts couldn't calm down from the nervousness.

Brett encourage himself to turn his head, stare at Alice in silence, but didn't dare to speak.

Alice seemed silent as she lowers her head, pretending not to notice that Brett was staring at her.

That night, the sky above them was clear. The stars accompany those who sit together on one of the balcony bench.

"Um... so... what's up, Brett?"  Alice asked.  She tries to make her tone as normal as possible.

"Hmm..." murmured Brett, then turned his face back towards the sky.

Silence passed through them once again. Alice and Brett are both looking for the right topic of conversation for them to bring up, to break the ice.

Alice felt her cheeks turn red. She briefly glances at Brett who was daydreaming, but hurriedly looked away and lowers her head again.

"You know, I can never rest easy when I think something's wrong with you."  said Brett suddenly, looking up at the sky.