Prolog

"Wait just a little bit, okay? Good girl..."

A doctor is seen placing his stethoscope on the abdomen of the little girl he is examining, trying to detect her condition slowly. It didn't take him too long until he pulled back his stethoscope and looked into the face of his little patient.

"Does it hurt here?" he asked as he poked the right side of her stomach softly.

She shakes her head with a tense face, feeling uneasy as this is her first experience to a doctor.

"How about here?" His hand moved to the left.

And once again, she shakes her head.

He smiles. "Okay, and that's done!"

He slowly helps her stand to get down from the bed, ensuring her safe and sound from falling. "You're very brave, Amy. You didn't cry throughout the check up. You're a good girl."

That repeated compliment made the girl smile as she ran to her parents.

The doctor got back to his seat with his nurse beside him.  He writes a prescription they could redeem for their child.

"It's all okay, Sir, Mrs. Amy is only exhausted, if you give her these medicines daily, the fever should go down. She will be fine."

Her parents instantly sigh in relief. They accept the paper which the doctor gave, then say thank you before they take their leave.

"Take a good long rest, Amy. Get well soon, girl." The doctor gave the girl headpats before they really disappear from his view.

The doctor adjusted his glasses for a moment. His hand immediately took his phone from his pocket while waiting for the next patient to be called.

His eyes behind his flat bangs seemed to convey a glimmer of hope that a message would appear on the right corner of the screen. But as usual, his face turned gloomy seeing nothing. Absolutely no notifications.

"That's the last patient for today, Dr. Allen." The nurse said to him.

He got flustered a bit, before he quickly smiles.  "Oh, okay. Thanks for the hard work, you can leave now."

To be continued :]

Hehe, this is a bit short because this is just the intro, the next chapter will be longer!