Worried

Brett directly approach Caca as soon as the orchestra practice was over.  With his violin case in hand, he look at Caca curiously.

"Hey, did Alice told you she wasn't coming?"

Caca look at Brett with a smile.  "I knew you were going to ask, Brett. But sadly she didn't."

Brett sighed.  "She didn't call you?"

"Hmm, I think she's closer to you than I am, Brett. Why don't you just call her yourself?"  asked Caca.

"Okay then. Thank you, Caca."  Brett left the hall at once, but stop at the stairscase outside, where Alice used to wait for her brother.

He moves to take his phone, intending to contact Alice.  However, a sudden poke on his shoulder startled him and stop his movement.

Brett turn his body and look at the owner of the hand in surprise.  His body is dumbfounded.  "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing? Of course to pick you up," she said with a smile.  "You're done with practice, right? Come on, my family's waiting."

"Ellie, wait. I still-" Brett tried to explain.  However, it's useless.  Ellie immediately took him away from there.  She must have been come with her parents so there's no longer time to wait.  Brett even forgot he had a promise with her family because he realized Alice didn't practice.

I guess I'll call her tonight.

---

Alice smiles when she saw Brett's name on her phone screen.  She has spent time sleepingb all day and now her head has felt better.

Alice was quite surprised that Brett will reach her at this night time.  The hour hand is almost pointing at ten now.

"Hey, Brett."  Alice said after picking up the phone. She talks while looking out of her room's window.

"Hey. Um... are you okay there?" Brett's hesitant voice was heard on the other side. "You didn't come to practice."

Alice silents for a moment.  Her heart felt warm knowing that Brett was looking for her.  "I'm fine, Brett. Just a headache."

"Oh," said Brett shortly. "I'm sorry I call you at a night time like this. I have urgent business before. Um... Rest, okay?"

Alice chuckled. "You too, Brett. Don't think too much of it. See you... at rehearsals tomorrow?"

"....."

"Brett?"  Alice frowned, surprised that there was no sound on the other side.

"Huh? Uh, y-yeah," his voice came again and sounds cracked.  "Uh, see you in rehearsals tomorrow. We can go play again afterwards."

Alice smiles.  "Oh, but Allen hasn't asked anything."

"Uh... I mean," Brett hung the sentence. His voice sounded a little panic. "Maybe, just the two of us...?"

And immediately Alice's body tense up again holding her phone, hearing the sudden question.  Her heart's pounding, feeling an extraordinary nervousness.

Alice is grateful this is only on the phone.  Her face was turning red there.

Did he just... asked me out?

To be continued :)