3: Allen's Mind

Heyy guys!
OMG i fell asleep all day today because idk somehow i felt unmood. I felt better at the evening tho! How are you guys?

This story is postponed quite long, i'm sorry for that. But i hope you still enjoy this!

On with the story!~

---

"Hello?"

Today, after Allen's work was done, he seemed to see Alice's name on the screen of his cell phone.

"Hey, Allen. Have you finished work?" came Alice's voice on the other side.

Allen smiles. "Yeah, Sis. How was the concert?"

"Smooth as always. We both just got home, We're think when you're done, we can go to dinner together. Or maybe just go for a walk."

"Wow, sure!" Allen exclaimed excitedly. "Allen will be home soon."

Click!

Allen glances at his watch for a moment, seeing the clock hand pointing at six.

He's happy to be able to come home this early. He immediately packed up his things and immediately said goodbye to the nurse. Of course thanking her for the good work today.

Allen walked out of the hospital and took out his car key. It isn't his own, he borrowed his sister's because she's always with Brett now. Well, he's more independent with it.

Allen went to the parking lot and immediately leaving the hospital area. During the trip, his mind flies as he focuses at the street.

It's always like this actually.
Outside of work, his brain is always floating around. Especially with his thoughts on Kayla.

That girl was always on his mind, longer than everyone thought. These feelings he had are deeper than anything else. But Allen never wanted to show it. He doesn't like to show a dramatic trait in front of people.

His thoughts were interrupted when he sees someone on the side of the road walking in the direction of him.

A woman with long hair with a tote bag on her shoulder. Allen quickly stopped his car on the side and stared at the woman's back with a blank stare.

That's can't be....

Allen quickly removed his seat belt and got out of the car. "Kayla!"

However, the woman did not look back. Allen immediately ran after him. His hand immediately grabbed her shoulder. "Kayla!"

The woman turned. He looked at Allen confused. "Who are you?"

Allen looked at the woman in shock. He removed his hand from his shoulder and immediately nod his head in disappointment. His face turns gloomy. "Sorry. I think I got the wrong person."

She smiles. "Yeah, it's okay."

The woman immediately left, leaving Allen who smacked his own head. "How can I think that Kayla's here? She's already gone from a long time ago. Arghhh."

Instantly his head flashed back to the old times.

Flashback...

"Hey, look. He gave me flowers. It's beautiful." Kayla said those lines to Allen with a big smile. Another college reccess was spent together by the two of them.

Allen smiled slightly at Kayla. "Are you happy to be given flowers?"

"Totally. That's so romantic, you know?" Kayla said. "Later, if you have a girlfriend, you should do that. Let your girlfriend be happy."

Allen laughed a little. "You love him that much do ya?"

Kayla nodded firmly. "He's my boyfriend, Allen. Of course I love him."

"Are you sure he's the right person?" Allen asked again, he didn't know why. But Allen couldn't hold the question in his heart.

Kayla frowned at Allen. "Why do you ask that? You seem rather unpleased seeing your best friend has a boyfriend."

"Ah, do I?"

"You have been concerning us since I said I was dating him," Kayla seems to be playing with her fingers while remembering. "When I first told you about him, you kept quiet. Then, you always asked if he cared about me, why did he take me everywhere, now you're asking if he's the right person."

Allen just kept quiet, as she said. In fact he always swallowed the whole reason why his attitude suddenly became strange. He didn't want to spill it all, for Kayla's sake.

But even so, Seeing Kayla so happy like this is always his favorite time.

---

"Kay, are you sure?" Allen asked for the umpteenth time when he heard that Kayla would move to another city with her boyfriend. He didn't expect this when Kayla said she wanted to meet him.

"Rest assured, Allen," Kayla said firmly. "I already know his family well."

"But we're just graduated from college. Do you really have to move in? Don't you want to focus on studying or work first?" Allen sighed.

"I'm not extremely ambitious like you, mister, " said Kayla with a laugh. "Besides, my Mama and Papa already agreed. After graduating from college, I will get married and work there. Tomorrow I will leave."

Allen was silent for a moment. He bit his lip at Kayla's words. "What if you... you're not happy with him, then? How can I cheer you up?"

"Allen! What's your problem with him?" Kayla groaned. She felt his temper is getting weirder and weirder. All she wanted was just to say goodbye to Allen before leaving and wanted them to keep in touch after she moved. "Clear your problems if you had some with him."

And Allen was silent again. He couldn't possibly be telling the truth.

It was Kayla's turn to sigh. "Never mind, then. If you really don't want to see me happy, that's okay. I'll still move in with him anyway."

Allen smiled a little. He put his hand on Kayla's head, patting it lightly. "It's okay if you still want to go. I'm not the one to stop you, right?"

"What the hell? I don't know why you're scared like this." Kayla looked at Allen in surprise. She clearly knew his best friend still didn't approve of her leaving. She immediately rose from the seat. "You don't have to worry, I'm happy with him."

Allen also stood up. He stared at Kayla for a moment in silence, not replying to any of his friends' words since Kayla's expression was already negative to him. He just nodded, letting out a few farewells.

"Be careful on the way there, Kay." Allen put his hands in his pants pockets. He turned around, hiding his heavy breath before he walked away, a sign that he was ending everything.

He bit his lip quietly, trying not to look back. Let him bring all the restlessness, abandon all his feelings that may indeed be his destiny buried forever.

To be continued :]