Brett's Dilemma

Hello guys! I'm back with the new chapter. Idk why but I've been sleepy a lot lately, I took a lot of naps. More than usual. How are you guys? ^^

--

"Oi, Brett."  Eddy seemed to approach his deskie when he arrived at the hall.  Brett seemed to be taking out his violin from the case.

Brett glances and smiles at him.  "Hey, Eddy. What's up?"

"Did Alice told you about your Dad?"  asked Eddy directly.  "Uh, I mean, I think you're the most likely to convince her, to not think about things."

Brett shook his head.  "What have she told you yesterday? She said she hasn't finished talking to you."

Eddy sighs.  "I don't think I can help her, anyway. She wants us to work together, to free him. The four of us."

The two men just stare at each other silently, until Brett looked down himself. 

She's really eager to help me, huh?

"What do you think about it, Brett?"  asked Eddy again.  "I mean, if it's okay with you, I will help with the plan as best as I can."

Brett smiles.  "Thanks, man. But, let me find a way to talk to her later."

"You didn't agree to this either, aren't you?"  guessed Eddy.

Brett sighs.  "It's not that I don't understand her concern, but..."

"It's just not possible."  Eddy immediately cut the sentence.  "But she'll listen to you. I'm sure of it."

"If only I can be sure about it," Brett answered softly.

Eddy frowned in surprise.  "Why not?"

"I just... can't..." Brett answered, then turned to the direction where the clarinet section is, looking at one of the personnel who had just arrived.

---

After the rehearsal's over, Eddy promised Brett to talk to Ellie about Alice's plan later, then he headed straight home.

Brett immediately tidy up and went out of the hall with Alice.  However, Brett looked at her back in front of him doubtfully.  He paused in front of the hall for a moment.

Alice, who noticed Brett's stop, immediately turned around.  "What's the matter, Brett?"

"Um... I heard you have a plan for me... are you sure you want to do it...?"  Brett asked.  His face is languid.

Alice stared at Brett silently. She certainly knew what he meant.  Then she smiles slightly, uncomfortable with Brett's frowning.  "You want your father to be free, right?"

"Yeah, but..." Brett sighs, he didn't know how to explain it nicely to Alice at all.

Alice walks over to Brett.  She patted Brett's shoulder lightly.  "Hey, what's wrong?"

Brett bit his lip in confusion, looking for a good excuse for her.  "It's just... I'm going to trouble a lot of people this way. You know Eddy also doubts this will work, right?"

"Brett..." Alice said softly.  Her head is slightly bowed.

The two of them fell silent at each other, deep in their own thoughts.  Brett is always thinking hard if things gets to bother other people, while Alice begins to feel unsure because Brett doesn't seem to support her plans.  To be honest, Alice wanted to do this for the sake of Brett's smile.  She doesn't want Brett to return to his oldself.  Always sad, lethargic.  She hated seeing Brett like that.