More Secrets?

Ellie returned home from Brett's with a dilemma.  But she knew part of her heart was relieved to help Brett as best she could.

Ellie sighs, her feet walks toward her house which was not that far away.  Her eyes caught the figure of someone who was leaning in front of her house.

She stops at the door, stare at the figure silently.  Only a gentle breeze filled her eardrums until the figure raised its head and smiled at her.

His feet walks closer to Ellie, but the girl just stared at him silently.  This man, he was the only one who had accompanied her these days.  Eddy Chen.

"Uh, where were you?"  he asked warmly.  Both of his hands are in the pockets.

"Brett's house," Ellie looked down.  Confused what to say.  "I told him everything I found."

Eddy just smiles.  He knew very well the sadness Ellie had been feeling lately. She told him what Brett requested and as always, she never forget to talk to him about what she should choose.  Lost Brett or lost her life?  However, it seems that the girl gave up on being selfish.

Eddy stretched his hand towards Ellie. "Need a hug?"

Ellie is still silent, she approaches Eddy and buried her face in his broad chest. As soon as Eddy's hands wrapped around her body, sobs began to be heard.

Eddy began to stroke Ellie's hair. He close his eyes, feeling a tight sensation hearing her voice. They both drown in a sea of pain. But on different context.

---

Alice is still playing with her hands under the table when the waitress brought the food she and Brett ordered.  Her body tenses, sitting next to Brett who might touch her shoulder if she shifted her seat again. The nervousness began to feel unbelievably intense.

Brett also didn't say much.  He prefer to play with his phone rather than talk to Alice.  Without the girl's noticing, he's busy holding back his irregular heartbeat.

This is the first time we went on a dinner date and my feelings can't be calm everytime we're alone, Alice thought.

Shortly thereafter, all of their food have arrived.  Each of them devoured the food in silence.  Every now and then they turned around, but looked away again, hiding a blushing face.

"Um, Brett," Alice ventured into the conversation.

"Hm?"  Brett turned.

"Thanks," Alice replied.  "Because you told me everything."

Brett smiles gratefully.  "I've never had a storymate who listens to me very much, so, thanks, you too."

Alice averted her face, smiling secretly.  "You might be tired of hearing me talk about this, but you can tell me anything if you need to."

"Okay."  Brett nodded and smiles, then took a tissue to touched the corner of Alice's lips for a moment.

Alice turned her head in surprise at Brett's actions. Both of her eyebrows raised.

"There's some sauce left there."  Brett reasoned, then pretended to be busy eating again.

Alice froze in place, trying to process what happened just now.  She immediately shook her head, preventing her thoughts from wandering everywhere.

When they're finished, Brett escorted Alice back home first.  They said goodbye and Alice went straight inside.

"Ah, you're home! Have you eaten?"  asked Alice's Mom.  Her family seemed to be eating together.