>81

Fated to be, are we?

"How dare you lay your filthy hands on her?"

That voice. It sounds familiar. You noticed it but not quite. You can't really focus on this person's voice for now as you're too struck with a wave of emotion from being accused of something you didn't do right in front of everyone. You were embarrassed and heartbroken. You thought you had finally began to heal from the wounds in your heart but now, maybe not anymore.

The person who had spoke out before, held your hands and helped you got up on your feet. You didn't even dare to look at the person's face because you face were already swelled up from crying earlier.

"Thank you" You muttered to the stranger without even wanting to make eye contact with them.

"Wait.. isn't that-?"

"It really is him! Without a doubt!"

"Who is he?"

"You don't know!? He's the king who has never shown his face on screen before!"

"He was all over the news the last few days! It was the independent's day and he happened to surprise the world by finally revealing his own face!"

"That's the king!?"

"He's so young and good-looking! No wonder he stays hidden!"

"Everyone, bow down to his highness!"

You heard it. All the gossips from the people around you. You wondered too, who were they talking about?

As soon as you see everyone bowing down to the person whom they claimed is the king, which of course he is, you immediately leave his side and bow down to him too.

"I-I'm sorry for not realizing it soon your highness" You said to him. Why does this scene seems so familiar to you?

"It's alright" He said. 

His voice. Why is it so strangely alike to him? However, you still didn't dare to look at this person's face directly.

But right out of nowhere, he suddenly knelt down in front of you to which, it makes you quite alarmed because normally, a king don't do this to this to his subjects.

"I-is there something wrong your highness?" you asked him as you focus on the ground only.

"Your highness, she's just our staff who has been misbehaving really badly, please excuse her" Minah said as she and the other workers came to take you away.

The moment they caught a hold of your hand, your eyes slammed shut again at the thought of being embarrassed by them in front of the king.

"Didn't you hear what I said earlier? I told you not to touch her" The king said in a demanding and scary tone.

They didn't respond to him and quickly back away from you. They were wondering why the king told them off like this too. 

You were still lowering your head in front of the king and had not let your sight move anywhere other than looking at the ground. What you were not expecting next was the king suddenly lend his hand out to you. You were so surprised by this.

"Y-your highness-"

"Take my hand" He command you. You didn't say anything else and just do what he says.