>8

Pain and love is what makes you feel alive.

"Wait, back up, what do you mean he's not here?" Your brows narrowed as you questioned the stranger peeping through the philosopher's study room. 

"I apologize miss, but the scholar won't be back from his work trip for probably.. 2 to 3 weeks more" the nice stranger apologizes whilst also calmly responding to you.

You took a deep breathe and held in your frustration. Yesterday, the emperor assigned you to meet the philosopher in his study room at exactly this hour. There's no way the emperor couldn't possibly know he's in town. Is he perhaps, pranking you to test you or something? 

"I see, thank you for your time and I'm really sorry for yelling at you" 

"It's alright miss.. um.. may I know your name?"

"My name is (f/n) (y/n)" 

"Miss (f/n)(y/n), I'll send him a telegram and let him know you're waiting for his return" 

"Thank you very much for your help"

Now that your schedule is clear, you can finally ask for permission to see Jimin and Mrs. Park. Oh, how you hope nothing bad happens to them. The last time you saw them was when you were about to flee scene but was stopped by the emperor and anything that happens after that was a mystery because you had passed out. 

As you stood in front of the ginormous door to the emperor's study room, goosebumps rushed through your skin. It felt as if you were about to enter the pathway to your own doom. 

The second the door opens, you were met with bright light of the tall windows and the gold chandeliers hanging on the wide ceiling. Is this what an emperor's workspace looks like in the past? It sure is luxurious and unreal. 

You were so emersed with the decorations and the architectural design of the room that you almost about the person in front of you. You quickly showed your courtesy and immediately went straight to point before the emperor could open his mouth.

"I'm here to.. seek about the welling-beings of the Park Jimin and Mrs. Park Shinah" You spoke confidently. Although there was confidence on the display, you sure as hell nervous to the core. 

The emperor scoffed and asks, "How's your meeting with the philosopher?"

You were in disbelief. If this person happens to be in your modern day world, you would've strangled him right there and then. But you can't do anything at all.

"... I heard he was on a work trip.. so I wasn't able to meet him at all" You still answered, even though you're fuming inside. 

"Ah right, I forgot he's on a work trip.. I apologize" He said with no guilt behind his voice at all. 

Deep breathe (y/n), deep breathe. This isn't a dream and if you still want your head intact, you have to be calm. 

"Well, if you're asking about the well-being of the suspects who were with you the other day, then.. you should go see for yourself" 

Your heart begin to pound. He didn't do anything to them right? 

"W-what do you mean?" You asked him.