>7

Maybe all of this were meant to be.

You were fidgeting with your fingers as your eyes scanned everywhere around the throne room except for the king. You didn't want to look at him at all because ever since you came to the room with Prince Namjoon, King Seokjin wouldn't stop staring at you. It was not a stare of admiration but rather a stare of curiosity and sarcasm. You wanted to tell him to talk but you didn't dare to speak up first. 

And that resulted in silence and awkwardness for about five minutes

"(Y/n) (L/n)"

Now that he finally calls your name,

"Y-yes, your highness" You straighten up your posture as soon as your name was called.

"I heard that there's something strange.. interesting.. about you" He said. "that you're not from here.. am I right?"

"Um.. I..yes.. I'm not f-from here.." you gulped.

"So where are you from then?"

"........ I'm from the future"

"Describe in a more complex detail, (y/n) (l/n)" Prince Namjoon said firmly.

"I think it might be hard to describe since I travel back in time"

"(Y/n-" Prince Namjoon was about to say something to you but King Seokjin stopped him.

"If she says its hard to describe then it is.. I don't really care about the future either ways.. what's more important is, what happens during this time"

You were a bit taken by surprised. You surely know almost everything about this era because you read all about it. The war, the crown, the politics, the family background, you picked up almost all of the details and facts. The only thing that's missing from the book that you read was King Seokjin's personal documents. There were even many blank pages of his biography but luckily some of them did still remain in a few pages. 

Now that you think about it, even in your future world, the King's information was kept private too. You begin to wonder. 

"(Y/n)"

"Y-yes your highness?"

"I'm sure you know a lot about this period.. would you mind telling me all about it?"

"But your highness, if I tell you what happen then it won't happen" You said with confidence. (See what I did there? xD)

"Feisty aren't you?" King Seokjin laughed. "But I really can't blame you for that, it actually sounds wise to me"

"Uh.. thank y-you your highness"

"Now.. what to do with you? Surely, I can't let you go that easily. You're really.... rare to me" King Seokjin said. "For the time being.. I'll just put you to work, does that sound.. okay with you?"

You saw his smirk. You don't know what he's up to but you aren't about to give your life up that easily. You still want to meet your family and friends again, earn a lot of money and find your true love too.

"Y-yes, I'm okay with it.. but" You look at him. "I know you have Jimin with you, please let him go"

"I knew you'd ask me this" He said before signaling Prince Namjoon.

"Bring him in" Prince Namjoon ordered the guards. 

You looked to your right side and saw the guards coming in with Jimin. When your eyes laid on him, your heart was at peace. You were so glad he wasn't beaten up.

"Jimin, you're okay! Thank god!"

"I'm glad you're fine too (y/n)" Jimin gave you a small smile.

"Your highness, please let him go" You begged the king.

"I'm afraid I can't do so"

"Why?" You asked. "He has nothing to do with me. He's not involved in my world"

"He's not but he's a citizen of mine whom happens to help a stranger that doesn't even exist in this world escape my order and without even reporting to me" 

"But he's just a normal citizen, he-"

"That's exactly why" he continued. "But I'll keep him here too. Just so you could have a friend"

You and Jimin were speechless.

"Besides, now that I helped you, again, you owe me thrice (y/n)" His looks have now become so serious that you can't seem to look away. "You'll help me.. when I need to know something"

Without even a second thought, you agreed to his deal. After all, it's your fault for coming into this world and causing troubles for him and his citizens. 

The king assigned you to laundry duty in which you'll wash clothes daily. As for Jimin, he was send to the cookhouse since Jimin specialized in cooking.

You hope you'd start your work fresh and clean on the first day in the castle but your expectation turns out to be the opposite instead.