>9

All you need is a little bit of hope.

You were peacefully working, minding your own business when suddenly, someone pulled your hair backwards. You fell to the ground and was soaked in cold water. You look up only to see the three girls whom you've fought with yesterday.

"What the-"

Before you even get to finish speaking, you were pulled back up again by your hair and was splashed with another bucket of cold water. Then, you felt a sting on your right cheek.

"How does it feel now to be slapped, you rotten servant?" The girl smirked evilly.

You spit at her face and narrow your eyes at her.

Her face shows an even more angry expression and once again, slapped you but on your left cheek. You can already feel purple bruises forming on the corner of your lips and blood oozing out from it.

The two girls who held you up dropped you to the ground and kick you before dumping another bucket of cold water on you. After that, they left and told you that they'll come back for more.

You felt so many pain on your body and face that you can't even move anymore.

'I thought I said I'd fight back but I guess I'm too weak for that now..' You said to yourself while tears streaming down your red cheeks.

Nobody sees what happen to you since you went far from the work area to bring some water. So you decided that today, you won't visit Rina since it might make her even more worried as she is still recovering.

Knowing that everyone might ask what happened to you, you tied on your bow ribbon around your face, below your eyes and goes back to work. You had to act like nothing bad happened and told the people around to stay away from you by lying to them that you'd caught a cold.

Later at night, you kept a watch out on Jimin and waited until he's out of your sight so you can go to your room. You didn't want to burden him with anymore problems so you decided to avoid meeting him for a while and make up some excuses later.

A few days had past and the constant bullying from those three girls still goes on. Every single time, it would always be two to three buckets of cold water, kicking or slapping and pulling your hair. You were getting a bit weaker day by day but it's alright since you're pretty healthy and you always treat your wounds afterward. Rina even asked for people to come and look for you but you told them that you're too busy with work and that you'll find some other time to visit her. It was a lie though but if you could get better, you will surely go and visit her.

After successfully escaping Jimin like you always do, you ran quickly back to your room with a ribbon still tied around your face. But this time, you failed and it wasn't even Jimin who caught on to you.

"What are you doing (y/n)?" You recognized that voice too well.

You bowed to him and said, "U-um nothing your majesty.. I-I was ju-"

"Why are you wearing a ribbon?" He asked you as he reaches out and was ready to pull it off of you.

"Uh, I caught a cold your highness" You backed away on time.

"Oh really? Did you go see the doctor?"

"Yes I did, I'll recover in a few days or so"

"That's good then, you should get some rest"

"May I ask why you're here?"

"I need your help with something but since you're sick, I'll just wait until you're finally recovered"

"Y-yes your highness.. I appreciate your understanding" You faked a sneeze just for him to not suspect you.

"Alright you can go and rest now"

"Thank you, your highness"

"Your majesty, I think she's lying to you" The guard beside the king said.

"I know"

"What are we going to do about it your majesty?"

"Get someone to follow her secretly tomorrow" He commanded.

"What are you up to (y/n)?" He talk quietly to himself as he make his way back to his chamber.