>27

Forgiven letters.

Taehyung knocked on the door of Jin's study room and called his brother's name.

"Taehyung, his highness isn't in there, he's in his bedroom" Rina said.

"Ah I see.. thank you for telling me"

With that, he walked to Jin's bedroom.

"Who's there?" Jin asked. His voice seems to crack a bit as he speaks.

"It's me.. Taehyung.."

"Taehyung?"

After Jin called his name, the door suddenly flew open, revealing Jin in his night attire.

"You rarely go to sleep early hyungnim, is it because of me?" Taehyung asked, his voice hiding all the guilts.

"No.. it's not that.." Jin said slowly as he looked down on his feet.

"I need to talk to you hyungnim, if you'd let me?"

"Of course, Taehyung"

"I'm sorry for saying that I hate you hyungnim.. I don't really mean it. I was just angry and I-"

"Don't worry about it Taehyung, I know how you feel. If I were you I would be very upset and angry too"

"Hyungnim.. will you please give me a better and more honest explanation this time? I think I deserve to know all about my parents now"

Jin sighed and stood up from the sofa. He stood in front of the big window of his bedroom and gaze at the night sky.

Flashback

Jin was practicing horse riding with his brother Namjoon when their mother comes into the field with a little boy who was around 6 years old.

"Mother, who is that with you?" Jin asked his mother politely with a smile on his face.

"Jin, Namjoon, come and meet your new brother, Kim Taehyung"

Jin and Namjoon facial expression changed the moment they heard the word 'new brother'. Because of this, the little boy was upset and afraid that he's going to be neglected and hated on. What he didn't expect was for them to rush into him and gave him a very tight hug.

"Welcome to our family, Taehyung" Jin and Namjoon said at the same time.

Taehyun was shocked. He's been worrying all this time that the kind woman's sons would hate him. He was so overjoyed to know that he's going to be in a loving family who would accept him and love him as their own after his parents left him.

During midnight when Taehyung was asleep, Jin and Namjoon's mother had a talk with her two sons, somewhere where Taehyung could not find them.

"Jin, Namjoon" Their mother called.

"Are you surprised to see a new family member?" She asks them sweetly.

"We are mother, but your decisions are never wrong and we always respect you for that"

"Thank you my dear, I'm so glad to have such two amazing sons" She smiled. "The thing is, I wanted you two to always love Taehyung and help him grow into our family"

"But mother, where did he come from? and how did you find him?"

"I found him on the way home. I don't know where he come from too but when I saw him, he was all alone in the streets, his clothes were all dirty and he was crying very much. It was hard convincing him to come with me but thank goodness he agree in the end"

"What happened to his parents mother?"

"His parents?" Their mother blinked and looked away from her son's eyes.

"I-I will tell you when you both grow up, now is not the time for that. What's more important now is that we will help each other raise Taehyung as one of the Kim's family, alright?"

"Yes mother" Jin and Namjoon said.

End of flashback

"Then, on the day I was announced as the king, mother gave a worn out letter to me. That's when I truly know what happened to you. I'm sorry for lying to you all this time Taehyung but.. here" Jin hand Taehyung a very old letter that looks like it's going to fall apart anytime soon. Taehyung took the letter from him and quickly read it.

'To the person who read this letter,

You must have found it in the back pocket of my son's clothes, if by any chance, please adopt him, take him home, protect him and love him as one of your own. I know we're asking for too much but please, help take care of him for us.

Thank you for your kindness,
Sincerely, Taehyung's parents'

Taehyung cried a soon as he finished reading the letter. 

"B-but hyungnim

"B-but hyungnim.. do you kno-"

"Turn to the backside" was all Jin said.

Taehyung turn to back of the letter like Jin told him to do so and what was written there shocked him.

'You might wonder why we did this, why we leave our son.
We and Taehyung, are being chased down by our other family member.
We don't know what angered him so much that he wants to kill us all.
We guessed it's our own fault, maybe we haven't given him enough attention.
But if Taehyung were to find out one day, please let him know that he have a brother. A half brother.
And that we're chased down by him.
Please tell Taehyung that if they were bound to meet one day, please talk it out with him, don't fight no more.
Your half brother, Tae-soo, was overtaken by the evil side, please help him out of it'

Taehyung was so speechless that he has no more things to say after knowing the truth.