Grey Eyes

I take down the last walker and wipe my hatchet clean on my pants leg

I take down the last walker and wipe my hatchet clean on my pants leg. I put it in the holster on my hip and start searching around the house. I find some food in the cabinet and put it in my bag, then I hear something behind me and quickly turn around, taking my gun off safety and pointing it at the doorway. "Come out now an' I might not shoot ya." A man steps out with his hands up in surrender. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Aaron." I go to him and pat him down, disarming him. Once I have all his weapons, I put my gun in the waistband of my pants and tuck my shirt behind it.

I exit the house but stop suddenly, seeing another man by a car. I pull my gun out again and aim it at him. He sees me and puts his hands up, fear evident on his face. "Wait, don't shoot." Aaron comes out and goes over to his friend. "We're good people. We have a safe place...you can come with us." I scoff and and turn to leave but stop when he yells. "Please! A little girl shouldn't be out here alone!" I bite my lip and clench my fists. I turn back around and stomp towards them. I grab Aaron by the collar of his shirt and glare up at him.

"This  little girl, has been just fine on her own." He nods and I push him back. I turn around and start walking again. "Wait! What's your name?!" I ignore him and keep walking. *Time Skip* I groan in pain and look down at the arrow sticking out of my stomach. A man with a crossbow runs over to me and I quickly grab my gun, aiming it at him. He stops suddenly and I glare at him, my hands shaking while trying to stay awake. "I-I'm sorry. Though' ya were a walker." I groan again as I move a little.

"Fuck." I bite my lip and put my gun down, putting pressure around the arrow. He crouches in front of me, looking at his arrow in me. "Come on. I go' a place." He puts his bow on his back and puts his arms under me. I groan as he lifts me. My vision becomes blurry and I start closing my eyes. "Hey, ya gotta keep 'em pretty eyes open. Come on, let me see 'em." I open my eyes again, looking up at him. He gives me a small smile, walking faster. "Jus' stay awake. Can ya do tha' fer me?" I bite my lip and groan, nodding.

"I-I'm so tired." He looks at me, worried. "Don' go ta sleep. Not yet, sweetheart, jus' keep lookin' at me." I look up at his blue eyes. I glance ahead of us and see a large gate. We were just inside eye-shot of the place, some armed men run out to meet us. They look ready to fight. "What happened?!" "Who's this?!" I groan again, closing my eyes. "No, sweetheart, keep 'em pretty eyes open fer me. Come on, not yet." I don't have the strength anymore to keep my eyes open, so I just keep them closed. I hear yelling and then shoot my eyes open, feeling terrible pain.

"You a fucking moron?! That'll do more harm than good going out the wrong way! Best way out is through!" The man that shot me yells at the people, getting in front of me. He turns to me and looks me over, cursing under his breath. "Rick, ya gotta come hold 'er down while I take it out. Keep 'er from thrashin' 'bout." A man pushes past the people and come to my side. I focus my attention on the man that shot me, slowly losing the battle with consciousness. "I'm gonna fix ya up, sweetheart. But I need ya ta stay awake an' stay very still." I nod and grit my teeth, ready for the pain.