Darlin' - P2

I wake up from Daryl gently shaking me. "Come on sweetie, we're here." I sit up and look around, confused. "Where are we? Where's Merle?" He sighs and looks away. I look in the direction that he's looking and see Merle talking with some other guys. I open the car door and get out, Daryl walks over to me and puts his hand on my back. I tense up seeing Merle and the other guys walking over to us. Daryl tenses up too. I take a step back and try hiding behind Daryl, but he wraps his arm around my waist and holds me in place. Merle stops beside Daryl and crosses his arms over his chest. "Hi, I was made aware that the Dixons found you?" I nod silently at the tall man with black hair. He sticks his hand out for me, but I stare at him blankly. "I'm Shane. I'm the leader of this group." I glance at Merle and see how he's glaring at this 'Shane' person. "Uh, well aren't you going to tell me YOUR name?" I look at his hand and cross my arms over my chest, trying to be as intimidating as Merle. "Jaxon." I feel the air around us stiffen as I say my name. It's not the prettiest name, but it's mine nonetheless.

Shane gives me an odd look but Daryl steps in front of me before he can say anything. "We'll show 'er ta our tent, now." I look down at my shoes and shrink behind Daryl. Merle walks forward and I peak over Daryls shoulder, seeing Merle and the other guys walk away. Daryl sighs and turns around, taking my hand in his and leading me towards the woods. I see a tent at the edge of the forest and we stop in front of it. Daryl unzips it and lets me in first, then he gets in behind me. "It's a lil cramped, but it's better than nothin'." Daryl pulls out a sleeping bag and puts it between the two already set up. "Merle sleeps late, but I get up early ta go huntin'." I watch him as he sets the sleeping bag down and moves a few things around the tent. "Daryl! Get out 'ere!" Daryl sighs and shakes his head. He sets my duffel bag down on the middle sleeping bag and gets out of the tent, I follow close behind him. "Why the hell ya yellin'?" Merle scoffs but ignores his question. "We're goin' huntin'. Jax baby, yer comin' with us." I nod and take Merles jacket off of me, setting it on my sleeping bag in the tent.

"We ain't bringin' her. She could get hurt, or worse." Merle grabs his knife and looks at me. "Come 'ere Jax." I walk over to Merle and stand beside Daryl. He hands me his knife and smiles at me. "Yer comin' with us ta hunt. I wan' ya ta learn how ta hunt and skin an animal." I look over his knife and look up at both him and Daryl. Daryl's glaring at his brother and Merle has an amused look on his face while staring at his brother. "She's to damn young, man. She'll hurt herself." I put the knife in my boot and look at Daryl confused. "What year is it?" Daryl rolls his eyes and tell me the year. "Why ya wan' know?" I cross my arms over my chest and glare at both of them. "Then I'm not to young. I'm 22." They both look at me confused and shocked. I uncross my arms, suddenly feeling self conscious. Merle steps in front of Daryl and puts his hands on my shoulders. "Well that's even better! Let's get goin' then. Come on Darlina." Daryl grunts and follows behind Merle and I.

*Sometime later*

Daryl cooks our squirrels while I grab some clothes to change into after I go down to the quarry to wash up. Merle taught me how to shin my first squirrel and Daryl let me kill my first squirrel with his bow. I grab Merles jacket and put it on, zipping it closed. I get out of the tent and Merle looks up at me. "Where ya goin' darlin'?" I hold my change of clothes close to me. "I'm gonna go wash up in the quarry. Is that alright?" Daryl glances at me and hands Merle the squirrels he was cooking. "Yea, but I'm goin' with ya. Don' want nobody ta stalk ya." He stands up and grabs his bow, starting on his way towards the quarry. I follow close behind him as we pass the RV and the other campers that are around a fire. Nobody says anything to us as we pass by them and go down to the quarry. Eventually, we get down to the water and Daryl stops walking. He turns around and looks at me. "I'll keep watch, ya do whatcha gotta do." I nod and he walks past me back towards where we came from, but stops in the middle and stands facing away from me. I go to the water and set my clothes down on a basket. I strip to nothing and check to see if Daryl's still there, he is.