Finally

"I'm not marrying him! You can't fucking force me!" I cross my arms over my chest, glaring at my parents. My mother puts her hands on her hips. "You'll marry him whether you like it or not, Melanie Iris Wilson! We need the money and besides, Ethan is a handsome young man." I huff in annoyance and shake my head. "No. If we need money that bad, then get a fucking job. Stop selling yourself for money."

Slap

I hold my cheek where my father just slapped me. I keep my gaze down at the floor, holding in tears. "You listen here young lady. That is unacceptable for you to talk to your mother that way. Now apologize before your punishment becomes worse." I let go of my cheek and look them in the eyes. "I'm sorry." My mother wipes her tears and my father goes to her to comfort her. "Now go to your room, we're leaving for Atlanta in the morning. Only pack your clothes, your new husband will provide everything else after the wedding."

I don't say anything and just go to my room. I lock my door and quickly grab my bag, putting some clothes in it along with my bow and arrows and my knives. I put my bag on and open my window. I stop and grab my notebook and some pens and pencils. Then I leave out the window, never turning back.

That was a while ago though. After I left, the world took a turn for the worst. The dead have risen and are attacking anybody and anything that is alive. The government bombed Atlanta. And I'm alone in this shitty world now. Life just keeps getting better and better.

I knock on the glass of the store I'm at but nothing comes out. I go inside and search for supplies. After a while I go towards the exit but see some men on motorcycles and a few other people standing in front of a big truck. One is a woman, one guy has red hair like mine and the other guy has long messy brown hair. I crouch down and make my way to the back exit, leaving quietly and going towards the people. Once I'm close enough, I see one of the men take messy hair guy to the back of the truck.

The guy starts making fun of messy hair guy and I instantly get angry. Just because the world is shit now, doesn't mean anybody can just stop a few people and try to raid them. I get closer until I'm a few feet behind the guy and take out my knife. I stand straight and tap his shoulder, causing him to turn around. I smile at him and then quickly hit his gun out of his hand and slit his throat. He falls to the ground and I stab him in his temple. I turn to the messy haired guy and he looks at me shocked. I nod at him and then grab the rocket launcher from the back of the truck. I go to one side of the truck and then aim it at the men on the motorcycles.

Boom

They blow up and I drop the rocket launcher. Messy haired guy comes out just as the woman and red haired guy point their guns at me. "She's good." They put the their guns down and sigh with relief. "I'm Sasha, that's Daryl and this is Abraham." I give them a small smile. "I'm Melanie Wilson."

*Time Skip*

After that day, I've gotten close with some of the group. And some people from Alexandria too, but mostly Rick and his group. Rick, Deanna and Michonne were suspious of me when I first came to Alexandria. I remember the interview I had with Deanna, Daryl didn't want to leave the room but Rick eventually made him leave with him.

Flashback

"So, Melanie. What did you do before all of this?" I try not to show any emotion as Deanna asks me questions. "Nothing." She frowns at my answer but asks more questions anyways. "How long have you been alone?" I shrug and think for a second. "Since the beginning." She nods and takes a few minutes before asking another question. "How many walkers and people have you killed?" I think about this question for a little longer, trying to think. "To many infected to count, and just the group that was threatening Daryl, Sasha and Abraham." She nods, seeming to be okay with my response and turns off the camera, standing up.