Little Tease

You had definitely grown up since those days back at the quarry, Daryl thought as he saw you walk with Maggie towards the party that the Alexandrians were throwing, wearing a tiny dress that showed more of your skin than he had ever seen before. He definitely wouldn't be going; he didn't need a party to prove that he was out of place here. The people who lived here were the kind that would have thought of him as trash in the old world, but now they were just a bunch of uppity assholes who had no idea how to take care of themselves and relied on people like him to provide for them. All of these assholes would have been long dead if they hadn't been behind these walls; they didn't understand what it was like out there.

"Hey, Daryl." Your voice interrupts his internal mono-log. His eyes run up the length of your body before reaching your eyes.

"Hey," He muttered before going back to sharpening his knife as he sat on the front steps of the house you were sharing with Sasha and Tara. Daryl hadn't been staying anywhere, in particular, he had been bouncing between houses, refusing to settle.

"You're not comin' tonight?" You inquired.

"Pffft. Hell no." You frown at his tone before sitting next to him on the step.

"I know it seems a little ridiculous, but you might actually have fun, Daryl." He snorts at your statement.

"Right, you keep tellin' yourself that." You open your mouth to reply, but Maggie interrupts you telling you to hurry up and come with her to the party. You nod at her, standing up and saying goodbye to Daryl before walking over towards her.

"Sorry, Maggie. I just thought I might be able to get him to come with us," You admit as you reach her side.

"Sweetie, I could have told ya that wasn't gonna happen." Maggie chided as you both reached Deanna's house. Walking in, you both were bombarded by people greeting you. It made you a bit uncomfortable to be surrounded by so many people you didn't know. You ended up standing in a corner, watching everyone enjoy themselves; unsure of what to do and feeling very out of place.

"I know how ya feel, kid. Doesn't feel right, does it? Bein' around all these people, makes my ass itch, but at least they got good booze." Abraham says drunkenly from beside you. You snort at his words.

"Wouldn't exactly put it that way, but I know what ya mean," You agree, before saying you're going to head home for the night. You slide through the crowd on your way to the door before an arm wraps around your bicep, stopping you. You turn to see one of Deanna's sons standing in front of you, a cocky smile on his face as he looks over you. When you saw Daryl looking at you earlier, it sent shivers through your body, but when this guy did it, it made you incredibly uncomfortable.

"Hey there! We haven't met yet, I'm Aiden." He says, extending his hand for you to shake. You reach out, but instead of grasping your hand in his; he brings it to his lips, kissing it softly. The gesture makes you nauseous and you push down the urge to vomit in your mouth.

"I'm Isabella." You say, pulling your hand out of his.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," You nearly gag at his confident line. Did this guy actually think this was going to work?

"Uh, thanks. I was just leaving, I'm not feeling too well."

"I can walk you home if you want," He offers, trying to be sweet, but you can tell he has some type of ulterior motive.

"No, thank you. Ex-" You begin, but the sound of Sasha yelling draws his attention and you take the opportunity to dart out of the house undetected. You quickly walk back to the house, checking behind you ever so often to make sure no one is following you. You sigh in relief as you see Daryl still sitting outside the house, smoking a cigarette.