No Fear

On this road of mine, I have walked alone. I've come so far, I'm not turning back after all I've sacrificed. I'm the shadow they fear of, blending in the dark of night. Just a whisper on the wind, leaving chills down their spine. I wasn't always alone though. I was with a couple of my lifelong friends, Merle and Daryl Dixon. I was looking for them when shit hit the fan and I got kidnapped. I should probably introduce myself before we get any further. I'm Maxine Harris but, most people just call me Max. Except the Dixons, they call me Maxie. I turned 18 right before these walkers started eating everybody. Anyways, right now I'm trapped by people in a place called Terminus. I sigh and Gareth, the man that took me, comes in and smiles at me. "Well sweetie, today is your lucky day. I'm willing to let you join us instead of eating you." I glare at him and fill my mouth with spit. "Come on sweetie it's-" I cut him off by spitting in his eye.

I smirk as he wipes his eye. He mumbles under his breath and stomps out. I start trying to get out of binds, knowing they didn't take all of my weapons. I eventually grab my knife and cut the rope around my wrists, then cut the ropes around my ankles and stand up. Then I hear footstep coming towards me and I quickly sit back down, putting the rope back around my ankles and hiding my hands behind my back. The guard comes in and looks through the cabinets. I get up and quietly stand behind him. I slit his throat quickly and he falls to the floor. I sit on my knees and stab him in the brain. Then, I cut his stomach open and take out his internal organs. I spread them around the room like you would banners at a party and then take out his heart, setting it on the chair I was sitting in. I write a message on the wall in the mans blood.

"Fuck you!"

I exit the room and go into a different room, opening a little window and escaping out of it. I run to the fence and jump it, running into the woods and not stopping. I run until I can't run any more, then I collapse onto the ground of a field. I catch my breath while laying there. Then I get up and see a walker stumbling around. I go over to it and stab it, killing it. I cut it open and cover myself with its insides until I feel like it's enough, then I cut its ears off and put them on a string, hanging it around my neck like a necklace. Then I start on my to find the Dixons.

*Some Time Later*

It feels like I've been walking for days. I reach the edge of the woods and see a house in the distance, along with a barn on the land. I come out of the woods and walk slowly, feeling just how exhausted I really am. I hear multiple footstep running towards me and look up, seeing some men ready to attack me and one is pointing his gun at me. "Maxie?" I look in the direction of the voice and smile when I see it's Daryl. "D-" Before I can say his name, a loud gunshot rings out and I fall to the ground. "NO!" Daryl is crouched in front of me and looking me over, then everything goes black.

*A Few Days Later*

I wake up and slowly sit up. I see Daryl sleeping in a chair in the corner and smile a little. I quietly get up and instantly regret it. Pain shoots through me and I whimper, holding my side. "Hey hey, take it easy. You need to rest." Daryl lays me back down in the bed and covers me up. "You were dehydrated and running on fumes. So don't you dare argue with me." I sigh but nod, not wanting to put him in a bad mood. The door suddenly opens and a few people come in; an old man, the man that pointed the gun at my head a blonde woman a guy with his head shaved. The woman looks worried but looks at me with pity. Oh how I hate getting pity from people. "I'm so so sorry for shooting you. I thought you were a walker and just shot on instinct." I glare at her and see how her worried expression changes quickly to a fearful one.

"You're the one that shot?" I ask in a calming voice, but harden my glare. "Y-Yes, but I'm very sorry for-" She shuts up and freezes. I threw my knife right beside her head, some of her hair falls to the floor. She looks shocked and terrified. "Now we're even, get out." She nods and leaves the room quickly. "Was that necessary?" I glare at the guy that held a gun at me. "Was it necessary for her to shoot me?" He doesn't say anything. "Exactly." I lean my head back and sigh as they all leave, except the old guy. He lifts the blanket and lifts my shirt, looking at my bandage. "You're not very trusting of these people." I shrug at him. "I trust Daryl and you, but the group he's with...I'm not so sure about them yet." He hums in response and covers me back up. "What makes you think I'm trusting?" I chuckle at his ridiculous question. "You patched me up. But that's just a guess." He smiles and shakes his head. "Yeah, I guess if I was a bad person, then I wouldn't of fixed you up."

I nod and leaves the room. Daryl comes in and he doesn't look happy. He sit in the chair and crosses his arms over his chest. "That wasn't needed Max." I shrug and yawn. "She hit me first Dare. I was just repaying the favor." He shakes his head. "She said she was sorry." I scoff and cross my arms over my chest. "Merle would've done the same. Or he would've killed her." He's silent for a minute and then stands up, coming over to me and laying next to me. "Get some rest." I sigh and lay down, my back to Daryl while I'm facing the door. I feel him turn and he wraps his arms around me. "G'night Maxie." I close my eyes and sigh again. "Good night Dare."